R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

converter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: converter
    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:35am
Hi Folks,

I'm in NM with a problem with my converter. A well recommended nearby place has an after market powermax converter 55amp but they don't have the same one in my 2016 172. Doe anyone have any experience wiht that one or have any opinions on whether it would be okay?  

thanks for the help

Julie
Julie
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 10:20am
How do you know that you are having a problem with your converter?  There is a fuse in the fuse panel that will protect the converter.  It is called a reverse polarity fuse.  Check that first. It should be located in the fuse box and on my 2019 179 it is the lowest fuse in the fuse box (I think I can't verify this.. the trailer is in storage).  Hope this helps
Jay

179/2019
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 10:25am
Also you might want to give WFCO a call to their service dept. at 877-249-8997.  When I had some dealings with them I found them to be very helpful.  Again hope this helps.
Jay

179/2019
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 11:53am
http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14984&PID=145648&title=batteries-lose-power-after-coming-home#145648

Check the troubleshooting guide from WFCO in the post linked above. It will be helpful to determine if it is indeed the converter or something else.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:05pm
Thanks SH good reference.  
Jay

179/2019
EchoGale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 11:23am
Thanks for all the suggestions. I was able to reads reviews of the converter the repair shop had and folks seemed to be happy wiht them. It was kind of my only reasonable choice unless I wanted to wait for days for a part anyway.

I had done a lot of trouble shooting myself to determine that the converter was the problem by the time I posted.  I also had a guy parked next to me who went through the same steps and came to the same conclusion. 

It seems to be working well and the only thing I don't like is the bright green light that shows it is on.

Thanks again :)
Julie
 Post Reply Post Reply