R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Insurance Claim & Warranty Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rocky-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance Claim & Warranty Questions
    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 1:46pm
Hi, I bought a 2014 Rpod 178 in August and put about 3,000 miles on it since (it was an awesome fall). However, the front seals have started to become detached from the diamond plating and siding. I took it to a local reputable RV repair place for a quote and inspection. They said this is a common issue for Rpods and recommended repairing plus adding additional diamond plating (real diamond plating) on the sides to beef this up and prevent from happening again. I'm okay with this however they suggested starting a claim with my insurance after ballparking me a quote.

Questions I have for this community:
- Since I am the second (or third) owner and bought private party, I assume there is no remaining factory warranty associated with this 2014 Rpod, correct?
- Anyone have experience with going through their insurance to get a non-accident related repair done to your RV? 

Thank you.
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:52pm
You are correct in that the warranty does not transfer when ownership does.  Also when I purchased my 177 back in January 2011 the factory warranty was for one year, although I could have purchased an "extended" warranty which I refused.  I believe the warranty period for new RV's remain at one year, though you could purchase additional warranties.  Regardless, your factory warranty is long gone.

Fortunately I haven't had to have any major (or minor) work done on our nearly 11 year old 177 so I am very sorry not to have any constructive information regarding your second question.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
GlibGuy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlibGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:26am
I’m not sure about Colorado, but in most states insurance only covers when there’s been an “event” - storm, crash, vandalism, etc.

You can contact the companies claims department to be sure.
MICK
Rocky-X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rocky-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 10:27am
Got it, thanks for both of your replies. I've never filed an insurance claim in my life so this is new territory. I agree with GlibGuy in that I though insurance would typically only cover an 'event' and not just what appears to be wear & tear from bouncing around rough CO highways. Anyways, I'll be contacting my insurance to figure this out. Thanks for your help. 
 Post Reply Post Reply