This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Traverse City R-Pod Roundup June 16-19, 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traverse City R-Pod Roundup June 16-19, 2022
    Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 1:34pm
People have been asking, "What is there to do?" and "what will be happening at the roundup?"
The answers to the  second question will be posted next month.

What to do?  If you love water: boat, sea-doo, canoe, kayak rentals galore anywhere from on Lake Michigan to the numerous smaller lakes and rivers nearby.  Myriad apple and cherry orchards, vineyards as well as wine tasting venues in the area.  If you like to pound the pavement on your bicycle you can ride all the way to the Mackinac Bridge on paved bike paths (starting in Charlevoix), TART trails leave Traverse City and go all the way to Northport.  Mackinac Island is just over 2 hours drive.  Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes NP is just over 30 minutes away to the west.  Golf?  Dozens upon dozens of courses to play in the area.  Grand Traverse Resort has three 18 hole courses.  A-Ga-Ming Golf Resort (where I used to be superintendent) has four 18 hole courses, Arcadia Bluffs to the west on Lake Michigan is spectacular with two 18 hole courses along Lake Michigan and on and on it goes.  Mini golf.   Interlochen (10 minutes away) Center for the Arts has numerous concerts throughout the summer.  Many hiking trails in the region.  Parasailing available in Grand Traverse Bay.  Many unique shops downtown Traverse City  OR just relax and enjoy the company of other podders and/or make new friendships.   

Please come and enjoy the round-up.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 10:40am
Add:

Breen site 188
God's pod
'11 model 177
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by jato

People have been asking, "What is there to do?" and "what will be happening at the roundup?"
The answers to the  second question will be posted next month.

What to do?  If you love water: boat, sea-doo, canoe, kayak rentals galore anywhere from on Lake Michigan to the numerous smaller lakes and rivers nearby.  Myriad apple and cherry orchards, vineyards as well as wine tasting venues in the area.  If you like to pound the pavement on your bicycle you can ride all the way to the Mackinac Bridge on paved bike paths (starting in Charlevoix), TART trails leave Traverse City and go all the way to Northport.  Mackinac Island is just over 2 hours drive.  Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes NP is just over 30 minutes away to the west.  Golf?  Dozens upon dozens of courses to play in the area.  Grand Traverse Resort has three 18 hole courses.  A-Ga-Ming Golf Resort (where I used to be superintendent) has four 18 hole courses, Arcadia Bluffs to the west on Lake Michigan is spectacular with two 18 hole courses along Lake Michigan and on and on it goes.  Mini golf.   Interlochen (10 minutes away) Center for the Arts has numerous concerts throughout the summer.  Many hiking trails in the region.  Parasailing available in Grand Traverse Bay.  Many unique shops downtown Traverse City  OR just relax and enjoy the company of other podders and/or make new friendships.   

Please come and enjoy the round-up.

Moomers. end thread/

LOL
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 2:33am
Originally posted by furpod

Moomers.  end thread/

Oh my, how could I have forgotten Moomers?  Great finish to the thread Mark!  Thanks
God's pod
'11 model 177
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 9:17am
Correction:

Hershberger 187

There are still 10 sites available: 184, 188, 191-198
God's pod
'11 model 177
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 11:20am
Add:

Franckowiak 191
God's pod
'11 model 177
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 2:26pm
Add:

Makela/Hernandez 184

available sites now include: 192-198
God's pod
'11 model 177
Amybuffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Amybuffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:23pm
I don’t know how these forum things work lol. Never wrote on one before. I bought my 178 rpod in October and just signed up for the rally as my maiden voyage.
I’m looking forward to learning more about it and meeting everyone. I’m on site 194
Amybuffy
2013/178
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 5:29pm
Well thank you Amybuffy for letting us know.  Looking forward to meeting you and making new friendships.  IF there are any questions you have please feel free to post them here.

Congratulations on your 178!  What year is it? 

update on sites reserved for our rally are now down to 6    192-193, 195-198
God's pod
'11 model 177
Amybuffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Amybuffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 6:51pm
I have a 2013Smile
Amybuffy
2013/178
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>