R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Slide-out info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Susan_55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slide-out info
    Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 6:12pm
I'm wondering if there's a manual override on the slide on my 2014 178 HRE. Wanting to be prepared for anything, I like to know BEFORE I have a problem. Can't find anywhere to hand-crank it if I need to. I tried doing some research on maintenance etc. and most of the info refers to a Schwintek slide. Mine says "Venture" on the motor. Same company? Any info or suggestions are welcome!
2014 R-Pod 178 HRE
2015 Toyota Tacoma 4WD V6
on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula, Washington State
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 2:37pm
We have a 2012 177 pod.. Almost the same lay out.  To manually move your slide take the cover off underneath the kitchen area just to the left of the fridge.  There you will see head of a screw, I believe it is the same size as the stabilizer jack screw heads.  It is in a tight area, so I bought a wrench that will work in that small area.  We bought our trailer new in 2012, so far... fingers crossed we've never had to do anything manually with our slide....  Good luck with yours also.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
Susan_55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susan_55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 4:08pm
Thanks, Ron. I'll get the right size socket so I have room to maneuver. I've had a 5th wheel and a truck camper with slides and never had a problem with them either. I'm assuming our (yours and my) luck will hold. I'm having so much fun with this little Pod!
2014 R-Pod 178 HRE
2015 Toyota Tacoma 4WD V6
on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula, Washington State
 Post Reply Post Reply