R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Exterior Lights Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote d_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exterior Lights Replacement
    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 12:01pm
Hi all,

The forward light (that shines on the trailer tongue) looks to have water intrusion and needs replacement. The light comes on but only after 10 minutes or so of the switching being turned on. My patio light is also out. I have a 2016 RP177. 

Can anyone point me to instructions on the forum or elsewhere for servicing these exterior lights?

Thanks in advance!

2016 rPod 177
2015 Ford F150 4X4 Crew cab
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 6:26pm
First order is to find where the leak is coming from and repair/fix that problem first so this doesn't become a repeat issue.   A simple flat bladed screwdriver placed at the bottom of the lens and then carefully twisting slightly will remove the lens.  Our 2011 rpod does not have the front light but the patio light is similar.  My 177 is in storage so I don't have the # you are looking for but when I purchased a pair of LED bulbs off E-Bay they weren't that pricey (i think $8) for the pair with free shipping, but that was 4 years ago.  Gave the spare away.  When all the interior incandescent bulbs were replaced back in 2012 with L.E.D. it was a pricey change out as those bulbs were $ 10 each.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
d_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote d_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 7:00pm
Thanks, screwdriver worked perfect to pop the lens off. The insides of the forward light are fried. I just ordered a replacement LED unit from Amazon that I'm hoping will replace it. I'm going to try and run some silicone around the lens and base to keep water out.

With the switch located on the underside of the light housing and with water collecting inside the housing it will pool at the bottom, right where the switch is located of course... Clearly a brilliant design...

2016 rPod 177
2015 Ford F150 4X4 Crew cab
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 9:48pm
Try using a little electric contact cleaner on the switch. You should be able to find it at an auto parts store. What I got was CRC QD Electronic Cleaner No. 05103. UPC is 0 78254 05103 1
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply