This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Campers Flea Market
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2017 R-Pod 179 for sale SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote blutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 R-Pod 179 for sale SOLD
    Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 7:56am
SOLD -----Located Albuquerque, NM -- more details & pics: https://post.craigslist.org/k/AAgZKAK87BGCDLrSoQvpAA?s=preview

Lightly used 2017 Forest River R-Pod 179- only used for about a dozen weekend trips locally in NM and 2 four day trips up to Colorado. Total towed mileage has to be under 5k miles and that includes the 1k miles from OH back to NM when originally purchased.

This is the model with the large rear kitchen. (wife requested) It has the nice Thule awning.

This Pod has many improvement mods (thanks to this forum, lol)
Exterior-
* 3 inch Hood River factory lift for off road use, longer steps added to the door
* heavy duty high speed rated tires w/ steel wheels to replace the marginal original tires (and spare) These are 15 in. D load rated vs 14 in. C load original
* dual propane tank conversion & large steel storage- battery box added to tongue area (2 full propane tanks)
* Ultimate Jack added for quick hook-up & go (plus it allows you to open the tailgate on a pickup truck while hooked up, original did not)
* solar panel to keep the battery charged while boondocking
* camper cover
* fresh water tank drain valve, replaces factory plug you need to crawl under to access

Interior-
* Multi cushion dinette mess replaced with leather jackknife sofa sleeper, retains table for eating
* enlarged bathroom- sink removed and large u-track added for shower curtain
* upgraded kitchen sink faucet, glass look vinyl tile backsplash
* added extra shelves in pantry
* 4 inch memory foam queen bed topper, super comfortable
* flat screen tv with Roku
* fully outfitted w/ pots & pans, toaster, coffee maker and more

There's probably more but off the top of my head that's all I can think of right now -  We have a one year old grandson that we watch while the kids work (and another on the way) so probably not any camping in the near future.

Dimensions Length 20 ft. Width 8 ft. (overall) Height 9.58 ft. Interior Height 6.5 ft. Weight Dry Weight 2,854 lbs. Payload Capacity 919 lbs. Hitch Weight 285 lbs. Holding Tanks Fresh Water Tank Capacity 36.0 gal. Gray Water Tank Capacity 30.0 gal. Black Water Tank Capacity 30.0 gal. Number Of Propane Tanks 2, Capacity 20 lbs each. Max Sleeping Count 4, Air Conditioning 13,500 BTUs Heater 20,000 BTUs, 2 burner cooktop, 3 way refrigerator, microwave/oven combination, pantry storage, clothes closet, wet bath, Thule awning.

2017 Forest River R-Pod Ultra Lite RP-179 that camps and tows as good as it looks! Towable with mid-size SUV or truck. Stored under cover. 

Well maintained and in Excellent condition and all systems work great. If you don't plan on using a WDH setup I'll toss in my Curt sway control bar and hitch. I towed with a Ram 1500 and it worked great. Hookup & go in 2 minutes w/ this setup using the Ultimate Jack.

Available to view any time. Asking $19K..........make offer and thanks for looking

call- text: 505.2six3.5five45 or email:  drive2green@hotmail.com
blutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 6:56pm
blutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 7:04pm
blutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 7:07pm
blutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 7:15pm
poston View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote poston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by blutto

* Multi cushion dinette mess replaced with leather jackknife sofa sleeper, retains table for eating

Do you have a link for the one you installed?  It looks good and functional.

Good luck on the sale!

--
Jim
Virginia City, Nevada
2016 R-pod 180
2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
blutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 12:13am
I think it's from these guys -  https://www.recpro.com/rv-jack-knife-sofas/

But I bought it from Camping World. Don't see it on their website now but they do carry
some other nice ones. It's the 72 inch model.
poston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote poston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 12:15am

I think it's from these guys -https://www.recpro.com/rv-jack-knife-sofas/
But I bought it from Camping World. Don't see it on their website now but they do carry
some other nice ones. It's the 72 inch model.

Thanks!

Is there an intermediate stop for the sofa back, between vertical and flat (horizontal)?

--
Jim
Virginia City, Nevada
2016 R-pod 180
blutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote blutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 12:22am
no, it doesn't recline like a lazy boy but it's still pretty comfortable
it's not really vertical like the typical back cushion in camper dinettes, it has a little recline built in

are you thinking of putting one in you r-pod 180? where?
poston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote poston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2022 at 12:38am

no, it doesn't recline like a lazy boy but it's still pretty comfortable
it's not really vertical like the typical back cushion in camper dinettes, it has a little recline built in

are you thinking of putting one in you r-pod 180? where?

I'm thinking of replacing the dinette, opposite the slideout.  I usually sit sideways on the dinette bench anyway, but the vertical wall is not comfortable at all, and the window frame is a jabber!

--
Jim
Virginia City, Nevada
2016 R-pod 180
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>