R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

TV Mount for Rpod 179 - Event Date: 25 Apr 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote pearlhiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: TV Mount for Rpod 179
    Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 6:39pm
Well, i've only had my camper 3 weeks and the TV fell off the wall.  The bracket that is holding it up came out of the wall.  It is mounted on the wall facing the bed on the right had side when you stand at the bed.
Does anyone have any ideas as to where or how I can re-mount it so that it is secure?  All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.
The Higgins' Girls,
Pearl, Zoey Marie & Riley Ann
2017 Rpod 179
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 10:29pm
We reinforced the tv mount on our 179.
the first thing you have to do is remove the tv and it's mounting bracket. then , you separate the tv from the tv mounting bracket. I made 2 pieces of  3/16" metal rectangles that are 9"x14".  Put both metal plates together along with the tv wall mount plate and drill them at the same time with the bolt pattern from the tv mount.  I put one plate on each side of the wardrobe wall where the tv mounts and also put the tv mount on the outside metal reinforcement plate. Thus, you will a "sandwich" which consists of tv mounting plate, metal reinforcing plate on the outside of the wall and the second metal reinforcing plate on the inside of the wardrobe.  I connected them with bolts, washers ,nuts and lock washers that  go all the way through the wall,  Once you get a metal plate on the inside and a metal plate and tv mounting bracket on the outside, you can tighten everything. this wall in the wardrobe is hollow except for the solid corners. so, you cannot tighten the bolts too much or you will simply crush the wall between the metal plates.   Once all of the bolts are as tight as you feel comfortable with, attach the tv to the tv mounting bracket.
here is a picture inside the wardrobe-- you can't see the outside because the tv mounting bracket covers the metal reinforcing plate.
I hope this helps-I know it may sound complicated. Feel free to email with questions
travel safe
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
pearlhiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pearlhiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 1:46am
Thank you so much.  I was wondering if I would be able to get to the area where the TV bracket was from inside the closet.  Your instructions help a great deal.  
Thank you again.
The Higgins' Girls,
Pearl, Zoey Marie & Riley Ann
2017 Rpod 179
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 11:28am
On our 179, we put in a different mount so it could swing around the opposite direction. When we took out the old mount, we discovered there wasn't much "meat" there to screw into, so I just added a little piece of plywood as a backer.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Mooree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mooree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 9:11pm
Determine the ideal location for attaching your TV mount. Consider factors such as the viewing angle, available space, and accessibility to power outlets. If you intend to watch TV while lying down or reclining, set it above eye level.
 Post Reply Post Reply