R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

AC winter cover recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hamilton1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC winter cover recommendations
    Posted: 06 May 2022 at 4:32pm
Hello all. To my amazement today I located a bird's nest inside my AC unit.   I want to buy a winter cover for the AC unit on a 2019 Rpod 179. It's a factory equipped low profile AC unit. Looking for recommendations as to what cover fits properly. Thank you in advance.
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 7:05pm
Like closing the bard door after the horse got out, I just bought a big ol' real canvas tarp and covered the whole trailer, using a bunch of bungie cords.  It's survived several spring windstorms and shows no sign of moving.  The tarp is heavy and doesn't blow around like those cheap plastic ones.  It fits snugly and protects the whole roof from the elements.  I paid about $189 for a 12x14 tarp sold on Amazon and another $40 or so on long bungie cords.  It fits pretty tightly and should keep most of the critters off the roof.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
ReluctantTraveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReluctantTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 7:27am
I've been using a full cover made especially for the R-Pod model from Forest River. Bought it from eTrailer.com. Filts like a glove and has lasted three seasons now. Comes with a zipper around the door so you can get in even with the cover on. They can be pricey, but everything is expensive these days. They also sell an AC cover made of vinyl that fits like a glove if you just want to cover the AC unit. I use that when I'm not using the full cover to protect it from the sun's UV rays in the summer.
2019 R-Pod 190
2011 Toyota 4Runner

Be kind to everyone today!

Dennis
ReluctantTraveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReluctantTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2022 at 7:44am
For my R-Pod 190 I bought the ADCO  Polar White for Duo-Therm Penguin & low profile 11" Dometic A/C, Size 16, part number 3016. We have the Dometic Low Profile, I believe.
2019 R-Pod 190
2011 Toyota 4Runner

Be kind to everyone today!

Dennis
 Post Reply Post Reply