R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Can I install base mount for a table ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pod People View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I install base mount for a table ?
    Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:16am
We built a new table using 2 pedestals. I tried one pedestal, but it was not as sturdy as we needed. I cut a piece of 3/4" plywood as a base.  It fit tightly between the 2 hassocks and the wall.  We used some of the non-slip rubber matting under the plywood.  the pedestal bases were screwed into the plywood with #12 x 1" wood screws.  It is very stable.  the table top comes off and is stored on the seat and the 2 pedestals travel on the bed.
Hope this helps

travel safe
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
77 Sunset Strip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 77 Sunset Strip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 2:34pm

So the white piece attaches to the wood under the cushion ?  And what looks like  the end of the bar on the left side of the picture ?
2019 Rpod 189
2022 Nissan Frontier
marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 12:34pm
That is to stabilize the table, so I don't have to use 2 stand pipes
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

Post Options Post Options   Quote 77 Sunset Strip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 6:45pm
 marwayne - 

Thanks for sharing - you should have been a furniture builder !!  Couple of questions:  What is the U-shaped white piece at the rear of the table and on the left side of the picture it looks like something attached to the outside of your slide piece at the front ??
2019 Rpod 189
2022 Nissan Frontier

Post Options Post Options   Quote 77 Sunset Strip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 6:36pm
Thanks John - so many creative ideas here.
2019 Rpod 189
2022 Nissan Frontier
marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 2:16pm
I have 172, this is my setup

If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

john in idaho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote john in idaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 7:49am
I don't have a photo, and my 80 yr old brain may not be able to get it from a cell phone to this  computer.  But I got a pedestal and 2 floor socket mounts from a boat store - they use them to install pedestal seats.  With two pieces of 3/4 ply it makes the table around 29" from the floor.  top is about 2 ft square and bottom is about 18".  Table is wiggly if you have to push down on it to stand up, so just use your thigh muscles.  Works great. 3 or 4 can eat - think camping, not glamping.  Make the top any size you want.I made ours rectangular not square, with rounded edges and melamine on  top. Stores on the bed along with the folding chairs etc for travel.

Post Options Post Options   Quote 77 Sunset Strip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 11:13pm
John - do you have a picture of your setup you can share ?
2019 Rpod 189
2022 Nissan Frontier
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 10:19am
I was going to say, well that's another way to skin a cat, but since you feed barn cats on your old table, maybe it might not be PC.  Wink  Sounds like a good solution.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
john in idaho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote john in idaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2022 at 8:28am
I just screwed the base onto a piece of 3/4 a little smaller than the top. We can scoot that around or even take it outside, and it travels apart on the bed.  I have the original table in the greenhouse and feed the barn cats on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>