This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2012 r-pod 177 "INTRODUCTION"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mylilypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 r-pod 177 "INTRODUCTION"
    Posted: 09 May 2022 at 5:34pm
Forgive me for I am not quite sure how to begin a post for "introduce yourself"
I am the new owner of a sweet 177 and glad I found this forum to learn by.

I do have my first question...
I am replacing the propane alarm that is located under the dining table. you can see where the red/black wires have been pulled through but uncertain if the somewhat obvious green/white wires are the appropriate attachemnt.  Does anyone else have this alarm/location/set-up?  Thank you for your comments/suggestions! 
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 6:14pm
Welcome to the forum. You’ll find lots of good people and lots of good information here. To answer your question, the red and black wires are the correct ones for the propane monitor. Safe travels Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 6:20pm
I believe the red wire is the positive connection and the black is negative on the detector. Verify by looking at the instructions and go by them.

The green and white wires are correct. To find the positive wire, use a voltmeter. If you get a positive reading, then you will have the polarity correct. If you get a negative number, reverse the test leads. If you get a positive number, then the one with the voltmeter's red lead is the positive. Connect the red lead from the CO/LP detector to that. Connect the black wire to the other lead.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mylilypod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mylilypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 7:20pm
Thank you...so appreciate the forum and the folks!Smile

mylilypod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mylilypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 7:21pm
THANK YOU...I will do just that! Wink
mylilypod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mylilypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 7:24pm
PS/ should there be two white/ two green per the one back / red?
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 7:14am
+1 to SH Check the polarity of the green/white wire and the white wire.  I just replaced my alarm and I believe that the green/white wire is the positive and yes you can remove the wire nuts (the yellow things) and wire your alarm into those connections.  If my memory serves me correctly the red lead on the alarm is the positive one.  The reason there is 2 wires at the wire nuts is that the 12v run goes onto power something else in the trailer.  Hope this helps
Jay

179/2019
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 4:48am
Don't guess on which polarity is which. There are two different wire color code standards in use in rpods so it's confusing, and might not even have been done correctly at the factory. As SH says, use a multimeter to check for proper polarity before connecting If you dont have a meter but one, they're not expensive, and keep it in your travel toolkit. It will be handy to have more than once, guaranteed.

I suggest getting a multimeter with a clamp that can measure DC current, that will be useful if/when you want to see how much load current a device is using it how much current a charger is producing. Be sure the meter specifically says it measures DC, not just AC current. Here is an example

meter
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
mylilypod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mylilypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 11:29am
Thank you...I have one on order. Thumbs Up
mylilypod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mylilypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 11:34am
Hi Jay,
If it isnt asking too much, when convieient could you post a snap shot of your propane alarm configuration? Did you have two green wires to one red and two white to one black? I will check mine when the voltmeter arrives. 
Much appreciated. Smile 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>