R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod 182g

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rwoodrome View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rwoodrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod 182g
    Posted: 23 May 2022 at 2:39pm
That lingering charge was a fear of mine.  I was able to find a Dometic capasitor and got it fixed.  Thanks
Rhonda
SC for Huskers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SC for Huskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 10:23am
The thread you may be looking for was started by richardd  and named "  AC Acting Up!  "

Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:33am
There is a recent thread here on this topic, fixed with a new capacitor. Do an advanced search you should be able to find it.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
riotkayak284 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote riotkayak284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 5:48am
Had the same and thought the same thing. Mine was actually the motor was bad and had to be replaced.... Careful with capacitors they hold a charge and can shock the ..... out of you. I had trouble getting parts last year for the repair.
rwoodrome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rwoodrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 6:16pm
When I turned on my AC on our trip at Spring Break, the fan didn't blow and I could hear a small humming.  I watched a video on youtube that indicated that my capacitor was bad.  I finally got someone to look at it and he determined that it was bad.  (He is not an AC guy but has replaced capacitor on other family RVs).  I can't seem to find a replacement for the capacitor.  What are my options?  Do Dometic sell capacitors?  I didn't see any on their website.

Thanks for your help.
Rhonda
 Post Reply Post Reply