R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod 182g

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote rwoodrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod 182g
    Posted: 11 May 2022 at 6:16pm
When I turned on my AC on our trip at Spring Break, the fan didn't blow and I could hear a small humming.  I watched a video on youtube that indicated that my capacitor was bad.  I finally got someone to look at it and he determined that it was bad.  (He is not an AC guy but has replaced capacitor on other family RVs).  I can't seem to find a replacement for the capacitor.  What are my options?  Do Dometic sell capacitors?  I didn't see any on their website.

Thanks for your help.
Rhonda
riotkayak284 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote riotkayak284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 5:48am
Had the same and thought the same thing. Mine was actually the motor was bad and had to be replaced.... Careful with capacitors they hold a charge and can shock the ..... out of you. I had trouble getting parts last year for the repair.
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:33am
There is a recent thread here on this topic, fixed with a new capacitor. Do an advanced search you should be able to find it.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
SC for Huskers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SC for Huskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 10:23am
The thread you may be looking for was started by richardd  and named "  AC Acting Up!  "

Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
rwoodrome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rwoodrome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 2:39pm
That lingering charge was a fear of mine.  I was able to find a Dometic capasitor and got it fixed.  Thanks
Rhonda
 Post Reply Post Reply