R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Floor raised up in 2018 roof 180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tony rpod 180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floor raised up in 2018 roof 180
    Posted: 24 May 2022 at 6:49pm
My husband Tony came to this forum often for advice. He passed away in 2021 and I’m trying to continue our camping adventures. So now I need advice. The floor in our 180 has raised up into basically a hump width wise from under the sink and stove (slide) across to under dinette. The slide drags so bad you can’t open it without bending the the bottom of cabinet. I took it to dealer and they seem to think they can fix it so I’m waiting for them to let me know if they really can and if they can tell what is happening. So I’m asking if anyone has had this problem and what they did about it. There is no extended warranty. Not sure I could make the case with Forest River about it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
GMC Canyon/RPoder
tony rpod 180 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tony rpod 180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 6:51pm
Not sure why post topic says roof. Roof not involved in this problem
GMC Canyon/RPoder
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PilotPodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:07pm
Given the slide is scraping when coming in, it seems like a missing outrigger issue that is common on the R-Pod slide walls. Your slide wall is actually lower than it is supposed to be. Likely outside and under the slide there is no support to the wall where Forest River failed to add the proper outrigger metal supports. There are several threads on this forum on the outrigger issue if you use the search function. Others here can also speak to the issue. 
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tony rpod 180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:25pm
I think I understand what you’re saying on that but would that cause the raised hump all the way across the floor?
GMC Canyon/RPoder
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PilotPodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:37pm
That is likely a bolt that secures the floor to the frame coming up through the sagging floor. 
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 4:23am
You need to find out if the steel trailer frame itself is bent or if it's the floor, which is a plywood and foam sandwich. There has been a case or two when the frame has been bent up in the area above the axle location. The frame in the axle area gets the most stress when you hit a bump or pot hole.

Not sure from your description if the hump in the floor is over the axle or forward of the axle. Either way, someone should be able to get under there and sight along the frame rails and/or inspect them and see where the bend is.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Gebaldwin1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gebaldwin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:41am
You well may be able to make a case with Forest River. There is a real problem with sagging under The slideout which  they have acknowledged. Many of us have elected to deal with The problem by ourselves as they are slow as molasses, bat the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Open a case with them and stay on it. Search for sag in the forums
GMan
Lil' Bumpy - RPod 180
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tony rpod 180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 1:58pm
Thank you all for your information and thoughts on this. It helps me better talk to the service people doing the repair.
GMC Canyon/RPoder
Colt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 4:01pm
I think "roof" is the result of auto"correct". 

Was the trailer overloaded?  Loaded heavy and not weighed?  Weighing, at least once loaded, is very important.  R-pods are made light and have little reserve strength.  Your description of the hump sounds like it is near or over the axle. 
John
'16 R-Pod 180
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tony rpod 180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 5:43pm
It was over the axle but it definitely was not overweight. It’s only me and I don’t have much at all in it. Even when It was packed for two it was as not near overweight when we weighed it.
GMC Canyon/RPoder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>