R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Freezer compartment parts for RM8501-RML555 Fridge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Freezer compartment parts for RM8501-RML555 Fridge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote The Hannah Clan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freezer compartment parts for RM8501-RML555 Fridge
    Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 5:14pm

Hello!

We recently bought an RPod RV 179 with a Dometic refrigerator. The frig is either model RM 8501, RM8551, RM8555, RML 8551 or RML 8555 (we can't find it on the fridge!)

These are the model numbers mentioned in the manual that came with the fridge.

We are looking for the freezer compartment parts to be able to use the freezer. Without this optional accessory, the entire unit is just a fridge. 

The local RV dealer said the parts are obsolete, but are still available through many parts companies. We are looking for the compartment door itself, the bottom and the "keepers". 

The part numbers they wrote down for us are:

2413327202 (might be 06 at end--writing is messy)

Can anyone can help us?

Thank you,

David and Summer Hannah

Norman, OK

The Hannah Clan
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 8:47pm
Look where the drawers at the bottom are supposed to be. It will be on the back wall, kind of low down so it is hard to see if you don't know where to look.

I can't help you with parts. However, I can offer a suggestion. Get some plastic bins with lids like Tupperware, Sterilite, or the equivalent that will fit in that space. Because they are rectangular, they will fill the space much better than the rounded drawers that came with the refrigerator originally. We did that before ours died and we replaced it with an AC/DC only model. I don't have the old one which is why I can't help you with parts.

Given that keeping that refrigerator cool consistently is difficult, you may be better off leaving it as all refrigerator anyway.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 6:30am
Since you can no longer get new parts you might see if you can find a rm85xx that has been replaced because it's refrigerant leaked (the typical failure mode with absorption fridges, generally around year 10 or so) and remove the parts you need. You could try calling around RV repair shops and/or posting on forums for RVs that use that model fridge, like this one.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by offgrid

Since you can no longer get new parts you might see if you can find a rm85xx that has been replaced because it's refrigerant leaked (the typical failure mode with absorption fridges, generally around year 10 or so) and remove the parts you need. You could try calling around RV repair shops and/or posting on forums for RVs that use that model fridge, like this one.

+1  This is what I did a couple years ago when mine finally bit the biscuit, and yes, it was 10 years old.  Still have a few parts left, including the mother board, but unfortunately the freezer box and the two corresponding clips have been spoken for.  The price was right however, just the cost of shipping.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
The Hannah Clan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Hannah Clan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:13pm
Sounds like this is what I need to do. By any chance, does anyone on this site have a freezer compartment on a defunct fridge that I can buy from them?

Summer Hannah
The Hannah Clan
 Post Reply Post Reply