Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedtow vehicle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: tow vehicle
    Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 11:16am
David, thank you for your input on the 3500 lb. towing limit. When I had my 13' Scamp I towed with the Forester and it was easy but I kept it VERY light - no a/c, no bathroom/ no water. When I got the Tribeca I envisioned being able to bring my bike, kayak, and a larger trailer. I now think that would not work. I may look at the Casita 16 or 17 foot and be more "relaxed" as you stated. I love the r-pod but I just can't get a larger car at this time.
Kickstart View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 12:43pm
Boy, are David's experiences with his Canyon similar to mine with my Dakota? The 3.7 in the Dakota is rated to tow nearly half again what David's Canyon was, but it sounds like it performed about the same. Pulling hills at 4000 rpm is tedious and it REALLY sucks the gas. I, too, would have gone back to a full size tow rig, but many other personal circumstances made me settle for my 4.0 Tacoma Prerunner. The Tacoma and, I've heard, the compact Nissan pickup, do well with towing RPods.

Brewsterivy, I don't have any experience with Casitas, but have done some campground discussions with Casita owners. They report better mileage and easier towing due to the Casitas' less wind drag, as they push less wind from hiding better behind their tow rigs. Casitas do give up some in the areas of elbow room and sleeping space. They are, I've heard and seen, nice trailers.

RVing is so much fun and sometimes so frustrating. What fits perfectly for some is a major pain for others. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12