This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2017 180 Distribution panel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Alan-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 180 Distribution panel
    Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 8:07am
We bought our 2017 R-Pod 3 years ago from a private party who obviously had nothing but good things to say about it. We have made 3 trips in excess of 800 miles each and each time we have had a problem with physical damage to the distribution panel. (broken components on the converter, the box itself, even a 110vac buss pin for a breaker. Forest River is looking into this for me but I wondered if anyone else has had a problem like this. We have had no problems when we stay at state parks within our home state (Ohio), no more that 2-3 hours drive each way.
Alan-D

RoverPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoverPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:11pm
Yes. It's common on the 180 due to the placement of the converter relative to the axle. It's typically recommended to put some dense foam under the converter to cushion the effects of the vibration.
2017 F150 XLT SuperCab
2020 rPod 180
Alan-D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alan-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 12:33pm
Thank you for the reply. I put some pipe insulation under the box for the trip home and that kept the box secure, but the 5 screws that hold the circuit board to the plastic slide out all came out and the board shorted. Lesson learned: If you have it apart for anything, Completely tear down and reassemble with flats & locks where ever good engineering practices dictate. The wife & I like this little camper but it will take some re-engineering to get it to last. 
 Post Reply Post Reply