R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

No Power (resolved)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RoverPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Power (resolved)
    Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 6:28am
Originally posted by Desert Wanderer

check the breaker on the inverter it probably tripped.

A 2014 RPod likely does not have an inverter. It will, however, have a converter.
2017 F150 XLT SuperCab
2020 rPod 180
ampete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ampete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 10:11am
Is that below the other breakers/fuses, remove the panel to access it??
ampete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ampete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 10:11am
Thanks, that clears things up for me.  I appreciate it. 
ampete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ampete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 10:14am
RoverPod,

Thanks---that clears things up for me.  I appreciate knowing there may only be a converter.  I will take off the access panel to see if a breaker has tripped.  Still waiting to get it into the shop.

Pete
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 10:35am
You should not need to remove the face to see if a breaker is tripped. The front will open to let you see the fuses and breakers.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
ampete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ampete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 11:55am
Converter breaker looks fine, I reset it just to be sure.  I hooked up the camper to shore power and I can hear the converter fan when the fridge is on battery.  Only way to buy a meter; fingers crossed I just have dead batteries. Hoping it's the simple and lesson learned to not let them go dead over the winter, right?

ampete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ampete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 11:55am
Stephen H---you are right, the last breaker is the one labeled converter, 15A----thank you!
ampete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ampete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 12:00pm
Oops---that was ON MY WAY to buy a meter....
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 12:27pm
Yes, don't let them get run down over the winter. Disconnecting and periodically charging or installing a battery cut-off switch (same thing, but more convenient) and periodically recharging keeps the batteries in good shape if you can't keep the RPod plugged in full time.

By the way, you can edit your posts (Post Options). I have done so many times when I saw that I had made an error.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
ampete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote ampete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 2:11pm
Mystery solved----- the ground wire (white) coming from the camper to the battery's negative post cracked completely at the end of the cable so it isn't connected to the battery terminal at all..... 

Simple
I should've checked the simple stuff before reaching out.  I do have a multimeter now!
Thx again for the support-I'm learning, a definite work in progress.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>