R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Furnace issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
offgrid View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Furnace issue
    Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 5:46am
When you say the fan comes on I assume you mean the a/c fan not the furnace fan?

If so it sounds like the tstat is damaged or not set up right as you suspect.
But if you still suspect the furnace the way you can tell is to find and connect the two wires that go to the tstat from the furnace together. That should start it.

Sorry I can't help you determine which two wires that is with your particular tstat (and FR is notorious for never wiring things the same way twice anyhow) but look at figure 19 in the Dometic capacitive touch thermostat installation manual, that should help you find the right wires.

1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
ArenaBlanca View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ArenaBlanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 8:27pm
Well, I can't tell it is a furnace issue or thermostat issue.  I have a 2020 model 195 which has a Dometic Capacitive Touch thermostat.  Everything was working fine until I walked by the thermostat and caught the cover with my shoulder.  The cover came off and I put it back on.  At least I put it back to the best of my abilities.  I lined up the various contact areas inside with what I thought were proper protrusions and snapped to cover into place.  Then I thought I'd try it.

The furnace came on and ran for a couple of seconds then shut off. I tried raising the set temperature to see if if would come back on.  It wouldn't.  I read the instruction that came with the camper but found no solutoin.  So, I tried it again.  Now the fan comes on but not the furnace.  So, I signed on to the forum and did a search for "thermostat" but nothing seems pertinent.

Normally, we spend summers in northern NM so the furnace isn't an issue.  But this summer, we have pulled the camper to Alaska and I'd like to have the option of boondocking if necessary.  We have a small electric space heater that works fine but that requires shore power and Alaska campground prices.  

What is the next step> 
Enjoy Life!!
 Post Reply Post Reply