R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone with Experience renting their RPod?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone with Experience renting their RPod?
    Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 9:43am
does anyone have any experience renting out their RPod on Outdoorsy?

Id like to start renting out next season but would love to hear from someone if they have some experience.
Nicholas Palumbo
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2022 at 1:26pm
Hi Nicholas,  My wife and I started out renting R-pods.  From RV's to go In Wilsonville,OR.  Individuals purchase the Pods and rent them out to pay for them.   Generally the pods start out new and after a year or so of renting there is not much left of them.  I rented one with one brake wire broken, another with one of the brake would not release with out backing up,bent axle ect. These R-pods what I have found out, and I'm on my second one,they are not built for renting.  To delicate.
Steve
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 7:22pm
Greetings Nicholas.  Although our 177 has not been rented, our previous pop-ups (Rockwood and Jayco) were loaned out to extended family members for their enjoyment and memory making in the past.  Unfortunately in about half the cases when the campers were returned, some parts were either ripped or compromised and for us it caused family problems when the party was asked to replace or fix the item.  To keep peace in the family we would repair the issues at our cost, which became problematic for us.  So after a few of these episodes we decided no more loaning out.  I can only imagine that this scenario would only be multiplied by renting your rpod out to total strangers who probably have no idea as far as maintenance or taking care of your unit even on a short term basis.  My 2 cents.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
JohnnyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnnyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 9:28pm
Campers are inherently fragile things. The R-Pod was not designed to be rough with it. The only kind of camper/trailer I would consider renting out to strangers is maybe one of those pop-up style campers or a steel shipping container converted to a camper/trailer. 
JonnyMac
npalumbo89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 8:15am
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this. It’s definitely a huge concern having things come back broken and turning into a costly thing.
Nicholas Palumbo
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 6:28pm
If I had to choose between renting out our trailer or renting a trailer from an RV company, I'd opt for the latter.  Our trainer is very personal.  In addition to the problem with people breaking stuff in the trailer that may or may not be covered by a damage deposit, trailers are personal living space and we don't want to share our living space with total strangers; not with our trailer nor our home via Airbnb.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
npalumbo89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 6:34pm
Makes total sense.
Nicholas Palumbo
 Post Reply Post Reply