This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Meet My 2018 RP-180

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Huchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meet My 2018 RP-180
    Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 10:20am
Late last fall I picked up a used RPod. I bought it sight unseen and drove 8 hours to pick it up.
They say if a deal is too good to be true it probably is. This just may be that case.
Needless to say I have an RPod and it will need some love to get it back to 90%. Here are the issues I’ve come up with.
The gentleman that sold this to me saint the previous owner left a floor jack in it and took it off road, so the interior needs some work. The interior will get an up fit.
Frame is bent down towards the rear of the coach starting from the rear of where the spacer ends between the axel and the fame. I intend to fix this by straightening the frame and welding new supports.
Wall sag. The wall sags probably a good 4” at the slide out. I calles FR to order outriggers but they wanted too much information and details about my coach so I intend to just fab up my own outrigger brackets and lift the wall and repair the wall sag.
Floor sag. I intend to replace the flooring, probably laminate. I will probably weld a brace to support the floor off the kitchen.
The list goes on and on but this is my preliminary list to get done this spring.
I winterized it and it’s been sitting. I blew a fuse when I was changing out the water pump switch at the control panel I hooked the new switch up wrong and need to find the fuse that blew. I think it’s online on the ground side.

I have a lot to do on this thing but I am capable and can afford to get this coach back into the woods.
canadiandad View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote canadiandad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 10:55am
Please to meet you. I have a 2018-180 as well.  The wall sag is a known issue for some of the 2018s. If FR asked for copies of photos and title, it’s because they would consider bringing it back to the factory for replacement of the floor and axle.  There are other threads about this e.g., here - http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15326&title=outriggers-and-over-torsioned-axle

Hope that helps
2018 Rpod 180 - new to us in May 2021
2011 Toyota Highlander AWD
 Post Reply Post Reply