R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RPod 190 No water to kitchen faucet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPod 190 No water to kitchen faucet
    Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 3:45pm
In the process of dewinterizing my 2022 190 and I’m not getting anything except a drip from the kitchen faucet.

I’ve verified that the bypass valves are in the right direction and water is flowing to the toilet, shower, and bathroom sink.

I can’t seem to get the screen off of the faucet either. It just spins.

Initially when I turned on the sink faucet I got a bit of air to blow out along with the anti freeze but nothing since.

The camper is currently parked at an angle until tomorrow. Would that be it?

I’ve also tried running water through the city hookup and still nothing but a drip. Water is working everywhere else.

Any idea??

Nicholas Palumbo
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 6:05pm
A plugged aerator is the most likely explanation.  Somehow you will need to get that aerator off and clean it. That failing, you might need to unmount the faucet after releasing all pressure and opening the valves and a lower faucet to let the water drain down. This will help reduce the mess. You should then be able to remove the faucet and work on it or, if you just can't get the aerator off, replace it with a better one.

The third option is if it is still under warranty, contact your dealer.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
npalumbo89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:22pm
Thanks for the tip. I seem to be circling in on that being the likely culprit based on other posts I’ve come across over the years. I’d like to replace the faucet anyway so probably a good idea to just take it apart.
Nicholas Palumbo
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 6:46pm
The other possible issue is the screen located inside the bowl on the water pump itself.  Simply locate your water pump and you will see a clear bowl that simply unscrews on the inlet side of the pump.  Once removed the screen will show whether it needs to be cleaned or not.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 7:19pm
Always a good idea to check the debris screen on your water pump, but if you are getting water from other outlets except the kitchen sink, that does point to the faucet itself being plugged up.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Pete Brayton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pete Brayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 10:21am
If not the aerator maybe look for a kinked hose?
2021 Rpod 196
2013 Ford 150 V8
 Post Reply Post Reply