R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Eternalbond sealing tape

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnnyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eternalbond sealing tape
    Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 11:28am
Has anyone had any experience using "Eternalbond" sealing tape instead of typical caulking on their R-Pod? 
JonnyMac
Larry-D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Larry-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 2:12pm
I sealed the spoiler on a 172 to the roof using it three years ago and still looks new.  No leaks.  I've also used it on a membrane roof to cover a couple of small tears from tree limbs falling.  No issues at all.  One word of caution, its sticky as h*ll.
Rosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2023 at 9:35pm
Used eternabond 6 years ago on the spoiler.  Sealed the screw holes and replaced screws with stainless at the same time.  It has weathered some but that is just cosmetics.  I am not real concerned about cosmetic things.  Just want everything to work reliably. 

Rpodrrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rpodrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 12:39am
Eternabond is amazing. I purchased a 4 inch wide roll and sliced it down the middle for 2 inch.  After cleaning up the top on my 172 and re=sealing the metal strip that joins the roof to the sides I added the 2 inch strip on the roof to the metal. Super sealed. Also works well on the spoiler screws. 

I found at each bottom corner of the vertical walls I also cut it to look like the decals and sealed each corner of the trailer as this is where they can leak. I feel so much better storing over winter with the snow melt on the roof and no leaks.
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2023 at 9:00am
    I've used it with excellent success on my pop up years ago. just for preventive measure i was going to put some on my Rpod roof seams that connect to the walls, and across the spoiler area. does anyone know how close the tan color matches the tan color of the Rpod? 
                        Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply