R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Plumbing- Kitchen sink wont work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cousin Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plumbing- Kitchen sink wont work
    Posted: 20 May 2023 at 11:45am
Can’t for the life of me solve this. Hopefully someone may have an idea. I’m de winterizing my 180 for the the season and was trying to flush the sanitizer mix through the faucets. But when using the water pump and the on board fresh water tank, water will only go to the shower and the toilet- kitchen and bathroom sinks are no go on either hot or cold. When I connect a hose to the city water connection, everything works except the kitchen sink, bathroom sink work goods in that configuration. I can’t find a leak anywhere, no reason to suspect a clog, but out of ideas for what seller it could be?? Any ideas?
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 1:39pm
Your aerator may be clogged in those faucets.  It'd be a good start to check them.  They tend to get filled with crud from the plumbing system and the scale from the water heater.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Cousin Eddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cousin Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 2:05pm
Yeah I found that on here after I posted it. Waiting for Amazon to deliver tool to remove aerator, couldn’t find it in either ace hardware locally. Thanks!
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 4:23pm
Adding to the thread. Make sure to flush your hot water tank annually to remove sediments and deposits from the anode rode. Those will certainly contribute to your clogged aerator.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cousin Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 4:46pm
Doing that right now. I got the aerator off the bathroom sink and it was almost completely clogged. So I’m pretty certain that’s what’s going on in the kitchen sink also last year I noticed the strainer before the water pump was full of this gray putty stuff that’s used throughout the plumbing system. I think it was left as extra inside the freshwater tank and got caught in that strainer at the pump. The stuff in the bathroom sink aerator looked the same so I guess some got through the system. Does not make me happy to know we were drinking that and brushing her teeth and cooking with that for the last few years. Any future camper I buy I’m definitely gonna flush the whole plumbing system out forever drinking it.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cousin Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 11:54am
So much for that. Can’t find a tool the right size to remove the aerator. Using the right tools just can’t find one the right size. Starting to think maybe this particular faucet it isn’t removable but that just doesn’t seem right. At the point where I may just replace the whole faucet
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 12:17pm
How about, trying to take a foto of the aerator, get the measurement of its diameter, then go to a plumbing supply store and ask if they can recommend a tool to get the aerator out?
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 7:17pm
A small pick should be able to snag the aerator to remove it from the surrounding wall.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cousin Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 7:37pm
Said f it and got a way nicer Moen faucet with a sprayer and stuff. Took some plumbing gymnastics to get it all hooked up but it’s more compact and looks nicer than the original. I’m happy with replacing it. Thanks all for the advice and suggestions.
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 7:58am
Good decision.  The original is quite chintzy, ours lasted 6 years.  We then went to Lowes and purchased a Moen as well, much better and has held up very well.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply