R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hot water heater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Barryb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot water heater
    Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 4:52pm
Hi Folks
I have never camped with shore power, etc. Can a member tell me when hooked to shore power, what do I turn on in order to have my hot water heater to work? Inside water heater switch to "on" and outside water heater toggle switch also to on?
Thanks
Barry
hank*pod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote hank*pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2023 at 5:31pm
The water heater has a propane mode and an electric mode. The propane heats the water about twice as fast as the electric but you may prefer electric rather than using propane when the electricity is "free."
For propane only the inside switch needs to be on; for electric only the switch on the heater (along with the corresponding breaker in the breaker panel) needs to be on. You can use both at the same time if you want your hot water in 20 minutes rather than a half hour (or whatever).
Barryb125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Barryb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 4:26pm
Thanks Hank
 Post Reply Post Reply