R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RPod 180 Seal Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Bowcat66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPod 180 Seal Replacement
    Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 8:06pm
Need to replace the rubber seals along both sides of my 2016 RPod 180. Has anyone done this and what was the width of the seal you used?
Also, hail such up on my town of Pampa, TX today and broke my exhaust fan cover on the roof. Anyone know where I could get another one by chance?
Any info is much appreciated.
God Bless America! Go NAVY!!
Bowcat66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bowcat66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 8:07pm
Snuck, not such.
God Bless America! Go NAVY!!
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 11:10pm
Check with camping world I think they have the seal by the role.  Easy to replace.  Seems to me one has to start at the front and work back?
hank*pod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote hank*pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2023 at 8:02am
Are you referring to the vinyl strip that covers the screws on the metal piece where the sidewall meets the roof?
This works well and is cheap enough to replace every couple of years (Mine had cracks along its length so it was time):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031Y7Z0A/

There's a right way and a wrong way to install. Slip the end of the vinyl under the bracket at the front of the trailer far enough up that you can drive the lowest bracket screw through it, then bend it 180 degrees around the bracket and snap it in, working from front to back. At the rear there's a metal piece that screws on to cover the rear end of the vinyl.

Some people have reported replacing all of the screws holding on the metal bracket; I didn't do that.
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2023 at 9:52am
or are you talking about the D-shaped bulb seal that goes around the slide-out?
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
 Post Reply Post Reply