R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

converter replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: converter replacement
    Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 1:45pm
Rpod 2014 182G
Changing WFCO 8955 with PD 4655. Having trouble with the DC board. The new one is much differant than the WFCO and the direction stink. Ive watch John M. Utube but he does not replace his with a PD but another WFCO. Anyone have details/pictures or resources on replacing this particular model? Thanks
Lear111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lear111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 7:04pm
I did not have to replace DC board. Took lots of pics and followed internet directions. I have replace it 3 times for a variety of reasons. Paper directions are horrible.   You can do this.
poston View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote poston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 1:14am
I also used the same DC board.  And I agree with Lear that the paper directions are horrible.  I was intimidated, but after doing it, it's less than a 30 min job.

It's basically plug-and-play.  Disconnect the WFCO and connect the PD.  The hardest part is routing and wrestling the cables.

--
Jim
Virginia City, Nevada
2016 R-pod 180
2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
poston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote poston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 1:54am
Oh, I forgot to mention:  I just installed my 2nd PD replacement.  This time I bought it from Amazon, and bought the 3-yr extended warranty for $35 or so.

The original WFCO lasted about 3.5 yrs.  Coincidentally, the PD replacement also lasted about 3.5 yrs.  If PD #2 lasts another 3.5 yrs, that'll be long enough for me, because we'll be getting something else by then.

--
Jim
Virginia City, Nevada
2016 R-pod 180
2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
terry908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote terry908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 7:32am
Where would one find a UTube instruction on replacement of the Power Converter?
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 9:22am
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Lear111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lear111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 3:55pm
I strongly recommend buying it from progressive recommended vendors. A lot of Chinese knockoffs out there especially from Amazon. I bought the lifetime replacement from progressive for 100 dollars. They don’t seem to last some people blame the vibration especially in the 180. I don’t know but their price is increasing and I did it. It is 100 percent possible to do with zero knowledge. Color instructions on internet and take pictures before doing it.
Steve
Lexus GX460
R-pod 180 2017
1 black lab
 Post Reply Post Reply