R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Water pump failing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote poohbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water pump failing
    Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 1:09pm
Our 2015 water pump appears absolutely normal and the screen is clean, but it came out of winter storage pumping very weakly. There were two irregular 3-4mm PVC chips trapped in the screen and I'm wondering if the pump has had a mechanical failure.

Thoughts?

Bill
2016 179 Gastropod
2017 Ridgeline
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 6:25pm
If there was water in the pump, it may have frozen and damaged the internals. You could disassemble the pump and see the condition of the diaphragms and check valves. It isn't too hard to do. The chips in the screen don't mean much since the screen is on the input side.

One thing you should check before that though is to make sure the valve positions are all correct. If one of them is partially in the wrong position, it could be restricting the water flow or allowing air into the system.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
poohbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote poohbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 7:11pm
Odd thing, the propane threw another fault, so I reset it and while watching, tried the pump again. Full flow and the propane hasn't thrown another fault. The trailer is just tired I think and wants to be back napping in storage; or maybe just coincidence.
2016 179 Gastropod
2017 Ridgeline
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 8:04pm
Okay, that is weird. I'm glad it worked out.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 8:34pm
Agents from KAOS.
poohbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote poohbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2023 at 8:37pm
Most likely Winnebago. A friend upgraded to a Micro fro his 172 and there may be an attempt on our 179 by internal agents.
2016 179 Gastropod
2017 Ridgeline
 Post Reply Post Reply