R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

slide out question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slide out question
    Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 3:49am
Aha, the roller causing the wear is frozen.  Lube all 3 as described above.  You can also access the rollers from inside by taking off the 2 lower panels under the sink.  Personally I find it easier to do this from the outside, not much room to move around from the inside, unless you are a really small person.  The system you have is the Lippert Electrical Slideout; it utilizes a rack and pinion gearing system.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 11:16am
excellent info!! thank you, i will post any progress i make this weekend. 
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2023 at 1:29pm
also, if i may trouble you for more advice, What would you put over the damaged section on the underside of the slide out? the black slippery surface is rubbed 'raw' and showing bare wood, the wood isn't gouged horrible, but it is visible. Thank you. 
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2023 at 2:30pm
What I suggested to a couple different podders with similar issues (and they both worked) was:
heavy duty or 'thick' duct tape, this will work just fine if the black is off, and wood is showing but not gouged.  In the other case, eterna bond tape was used because the wood was actually gouged and the eterna bond tape was thick enough to bond over the gap so that when the roller pressed against it, it did not collapse the tape.  In either case, make certain the rollers have been sprayed with a penetrant and are visibly rolling when moving the slide in or out.
God's pod
'11 model 177
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2023 at 8:10pm
Sounds good, thank you. I'm actually looking to buy some eternabond tape to do the roof seems. I do not have a leak now, but I hope to prevent any future leaks. I've read the spoiler is a trouble spot. So I thought I'd get some tape on it now.
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 1:34pm
Thinking about your issue, if the gouge is really deep, you may be prudent to glue in a piece of 1/8" luan (if the gouge is that deep) where the worn area is before covering it with the eternabond tape so that it will better bridge the gap.
God's pod
'11 model 177
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 4:45pm
its not gouged to deep, I think, going with your suggestion of using eternabond, it'll be pretty close to flush. I still haven't worked on it yet, I want to get a look at the roller to get it freed up. 
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 3:43pm
I played with it a bit today. The roller was sitting low, letting the bottom of the slide drag on the roller frame. I figured out to adjust the roller height, super easy. I used some triflow spray lube on the rollers.
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 3:45pm
 After adjusting the roller height, I am happy how it operates. yesterday I moved it out, washed the exposed top well, and used gasket treatment all around. it seems to function better. I purchased an awning from PahaQue Wilderness that is supposed to cover it when its out. I should receive it this week. I'll report how it performs. 
jmlefler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jmlefler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2023 at 7:47pm
1. Who is the manufacturer of the slide out on the 2014 178 and,
2. How did you adjust the rollers?
I've the same gouge issue

TIA!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>