This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Frig operation while rolling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bgoff60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frig operation while rolling
    Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 2:09pm
Just picked up a slightly used 2022 R-Pod 202.  Only 4 previous outings on it.  
It has the 110 watt solar package.
AC/Gas refrigerator.
SUPER clean

Newbie question:  If we are properly rolling down the road, does the fridg (If it is set to gas or auto?) continue to run off the LP tank until we connect it to an AC power source?  (Chillin while Rollin)
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 3:51pm
i can say my last two fridges worked in my other campers while driving if they were on LP. i would think the r pod is the same. 
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 8:12pm
Generally the refer should be switched to "auto" to run off gas if off shore power.
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 5:01am
We ran our fridge on "auto" in our 172 while on the road and while camped.  Only rarely did we ever go any place that had electricity to plug into.  The same is true with our Sonoma, however, in New England, the dearth of National Forests here means using more private campgrounds where there is often electricity available, but no geezer pass prices.  I am not aware of any reason not to travel with the setting on "auto."
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 2:36pm
I've noticed that state parks/campgrounds may have discounts, but they are limited to the residents of that state. No Veteran's discounts unless one is also a resident of that state. 
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 12:53pm
I stay at one state park that charges less if your a resident. It's 34 dollars a night with water and elec if you are an in stater. Out of staters pay 76.00. The place is super hard to get into, and it's at least half way full of out of staters. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
bgoff60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bgoff60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by mjlrpod

I stay at one state park that charges less if your a resident. It's 34 dollars a night with water and elec if you are an in stater. Out of staters pay 76.00. The place is super hard to get into, and it's at least half way full of out of staters. 

What is the name of said place?
 Post Reply Post Reply