R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Propane hose from regulator to block180

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote xfitpanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane hose from regulator to block180
    Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 1:47pm
Does anyone know what the length and size of the propane hose between the regulator and the block under the camper? Or what one to get? Dang squirrels. I'd prefer if they're going to chew them, to chew the one between the tank and regulator. Lol    rpod 180
David
2017 r-Pod 180
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 5:07pm
I would remove the damaged hose, measure and check the size.  E trailer might have a hose made from mr heater.  Or do a yahoo search for a local company that custom make propane hoses. They are not that special.  Very low pressure.  7.5 to 8" wc . And this sounds high. 
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 2:44am
When I purchased a lockable box for two batteries at HF I had to get a longer hose because of rerouting the line.  Went to a business that sells propane to homes.  They built one for me in about 5 minutes, the price was very reasonable.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 6:17pm
I also had problems with squirrels chewing the propane hose. After getting a new hose, I wrapped it with metal tape used by air conditioning companies to attach/repair/install duct work. so far it has worked to keep them from chewing the hose.

My local propane provider said that "some" companies can make custom hoses made from flex metal-I haven't found one in my local area yet.

Travel often and safe

Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply