R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Winterize - Event Date: 05 Oct 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Winterize
    Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 8:33pm
I don't level, but eyeball it so that it appears close to level.  Since nothing is operating it isn't necessary.  Mine is stored in an old horse barn so elements are not a factor.  If yours is outside it may be an advantage to tilt is either up or down front to back to help alleviate snowloads when you get those warmer days and it can slide off.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 12:50pm
I finished winterize my 192.  I haven't seen in any of the posts about blowing out the water in the water-saver line from the shower.  There was more water in it than one would think.  When this is done it also blows out the water out of the vent line from the water storage tank.  Don't stand in front the tank water fill or you will get wet.  Be sure the drain plug or valve closed on the fresh water tank or this procedure won't work.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 9:05am
Our current Cherokee Grey Wolf did not come equipped with the Shower-Miser. I added it. Since I could not get to the vent line (vented under the trailer, not to the fill-port vent), I had to run the return line for the Shower-Miser to the fill line for the tank. Any water thus purged goes into the fresh water tank and the drain valve needs to be open so that the water can drain from the fresh water tank. I agree that the shower-miser return line also needs to be purged, and that is likely something easily forgotten.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mark114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mark114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 3:25am
Any RV owner can benefit greatly from understanding how to winterize an RV without using antifreeze. It will be possible for you to get your RV ready for the next severe weather and avoid any harm from happening. You can also return to your RV in good shape because winterizing it will help keep all of its features intact.

jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 8:09am
Originally posted by mark114

Any RV owner can benefit greatly from understanding how to winterize an RV without using antifreeze. It will be possible for you to get your RV ready for the next severe weather and avoid any harm from happening. You can also return to your RV in good shape because winterizing it will help keep all of its features intact.

Pretty much the way this has been done on our 177 for the past 12 years.  HOWEVER, I would be leery of not adding any antifreeze to the traps.  Realize there is room for water to freeze and expand however i  use 16 oz. of antifreeze for the 3 traps and a tad for the toilet to keep the seal moist and from drying out over the winter months.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 9:56pm
Also, our Cherokee came with trapless drains that don't retain water. Instead, they use a one-way valve to allow water to drain but don't allow fumes back through. No RV antifreeze needed there. I only need a little in the toilet bowl to keep the seal lubricated. I expect the gallon of antifreeze I bought to last a number of years.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12