This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A good opportunity?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sdexcalibur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A good opportunity?
    Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 7:36am
Good morning everyone

I must admit I have not been camping in over 15 years and never really looked at myself as going camping again. I do have an opportunity to pick up a 2015 forest r pod , the only thing is I don't have anything to tow it right now now. So I see it sitting for a little while. I also thought about maybe renting it out.

The cost for it is 5000 .the pictures look good and the offer is from an acquaintance , so I trust him that's is in good shape. He has a mechanic background and I know he is big on maintenance and preventative maintenance too. Half of me says let it go the other half says you'd be foolish, to. I know owning one is an individual desire, but what your thoughts, would I be crazy to pass it up. I see pop up trailers for 5k. Prob never get an offer like this again. The resale I've seen 10 to 12 K around the country. Not sure if they actually get that , I'm torn. Thank for letting me ramble
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 8:19am
Sounds like it is a good buy but you may want to have an RV dealer look it over (maybe you would have to pay for that) to make sure there is nothing hidden.  I have a 2019 179 and we purchased it new.  I would never plan on renting my trailer.  Renters do not take the same care of the trailer as you would.  So that would mean all the more maintenance that you would have to preform or hire it done. That being said you probably will not find another trailer for that price. Good luck and have fun doing it.
Jay

179/2019
sdexcalibur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sdexcalibur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 9:49am
Good idea about having a RV dealer check it out. Thank you
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 11:37am
i would not rent it out. i've had family borrow my camper in the past. huge mistake. i just bought my 2015 176t for $10,000, and it has a handful of little issues. so i'd say you might be looking at a good buy. 
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2023 at 2:33pm
Something to consider is that it's 8 years old, and some places will not let you stay in anything more than 10 years old.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 6:40am
Originally posted by GlueGuy

Something to consider is that it's 8 years old, and some places will not let you stay in anything more than 10 years old.
I have never heard that before campers older than 10 years not allowed in some campgrounds. We can learn something new everyday.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 8:01am
I have heard about that in upscale private campgrounds but not at BLMs Smile
Jay

179/2019
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 9:15am
my sisters family frequents a resort located on disney. thats when i first heard of it. if your camper is older, you are asked to send pics of your camper to show its condition to obtain approval. i thought it was ridiculous. 
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2023 at 7:34pm
I thought that was
 only the case for class A motorhomes at those fancy resorts.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2023 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by GlueGuy

Yep. That's a thing. We haven't stayed in an RV park for a couple of years but some of the nicer ones will not allow older RVs.

Also $5,000.00 is a screaming deal. I would make sure that trailer gets checked out.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
 Post Reply Post Reply