R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Refrigerator gas operation help please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refrigerator gas operation help please
    Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 8:19am

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 8:24am

Here is the dometic email with pictures-sorry for all of the double and empty posts

"Hi there Vann, thank you for sending in the pictures and information on your unit. I have reviewed everything and have found that your original part has been superseded. The part listed is correct and current however, it may look a tad different but will work and connect properly with your unit. I have provided some pictures below to show the part has been superseded and what the part looks like now.  The correct CURRENT part number is 2412802825.

Thank you,

Brittany Mackey

Dometic Consumer Service Representative

here are the correct images for my earlier post-I cannot put them in the email from Dometic, but they are in the same order as shown above in the email

JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 8:31am
Vann,

Changing over to a larger fridge, I know there have been some that have done it already, but do you think that the weight will be an issue because of the floor plan of your 179??  I haven't heard any weight concerns from the people that have done that modification.  ?? Good information from Dometic, thanks.
Jay

179/2019
marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 7:55pm
We have a 2011 172 and some problems over the years. I tried a few things but nothing was working. The problem was I never know what I would get when I turned on the fridge, either the fridge started like it should or it started with a big poof. I even stuck a pipe cleaner in the supply tube, clean as a whistle. To make the story short, I replaced the orifice never had a problem again.
PS the reason my line was clean is, that I bleed my lines after every trip.

If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 9:22am
JR-regarding the weight question
I did research this prior to making the decision.  The Dometic RM8501 has a listed weight of 62#, and the M/w is 49#. given that we will also be removing several(???)pound of excess wood, the total removed should be around 115-120#.
The new Norcold N4150 has a listed weight of 85# plus whatever wood we have to install. 
so, i think we will still lose about 30 pounds overall with the changeout.
We picked up the new refrig yesterday and we will start tearing out and redoing the cabinet next week.

I will take pictures and post the results later.
Thanks again for all  of the advice and input from fellow podders.
We will probably sell the refrig for parts if anyone needs anything
Travel often and safe
Vann

JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2023 at 8:12am
Sounds like you have done a good job of researching, I just didn't want you to have any unintended consequences.  Have a Blessed Christmas along with the project you are starting. 
Jay

179/2019
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123