R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStoring your Pod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
drdrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Storing your Pod
    Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 4:42pm
i'm in central MO...columbia...university town.

funny though i am headed to kentucky at the end of march, but planning our first outing somewhere closer to home mid march...

heck im actually thinking about maybe this weekend.  central and southern missouri are beautiful places.
172T
Bridge707 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 3:38pm
While I would love to I currently live in KY and am a good 8 hours from KC. When Parsons closed I went back home to TX to complete my college and graduated from Hardin Simmons University in Abilene many many years ago. It is wonderful to know that folks still remember Parsons.
Greg Bridgeman
Honesty is telling the truth
Integrity is telling the thruth when it hurts
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:23am

Greg (Bridgeman707), Goose and Doc Tom,

Doc Tom is right, we need a mini Rpod gathering for our area!!  We don't mind coming to the Kansas City area.  Somebody have a good idea?

Tim & Beth   bmarcsisak@gmail.com

Hawkpod
2013 Surveyor Sport 189
2017 Chevy Silverado
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 7:45am
I'm showing my age. The school I did most of my undergrad work at, Graceland, in Lamoni, IA, played football against Parsons. I used to go to football games (as a spectator) there before the big change. Even though I went a couple of summers to Iowa State, I did my 4 years of grad work in Iowa City, so when they play each other, I am a Hawkeye! My brother still lives in Boone, so I go up once in a while.

It seems like we have a little bit of an Iowa club here. If any of you ever find yourselves coming down to KC, let me know, maybe we can get together somewhere.

Tina and Tom ( tommytourist1@aol.com )
Brush and Floss, It is the Secret of Life!
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 10:08pm
Greg, my husband remembers the college.  Fairfield is close to Iowa City where my daughter lives.  She is a Hawkeye!  Where did you go to school after that?
Hawkpod
2013 Surveyor Sport 189
2017 Chevy Silverado
Bridge707 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 8:43pm
While I am not from Iowa originally I did go to school there. Some of you may remember a little school in Fairfield called Parsons college before in became the Marharisi (SP) School. I was a freshman there the year it closed for bankruptcy.
Greg Bridgeman
Honesty is telling the truth
Integrity is telling the thruth when it hurts
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 7:31pm
Doc Tom, thanks so much for all the fun ideas!  If you are from Boone, are you friends with Govenor Branstad?  We love both universities as long as they aren't playing each other.  Cry  My husband went to William Penn (Oscaloosa) and I am Buena Vista (Storm Lake).  Even though we live in Iowa, all my family is from Missouri, so we like traveling that direction. 

We bought a 177 also and it had to go right into winter storage.  We are so glad the snow is melting.  Going to Saylorville over Memorial weekend.  You have probably been there.  The lake is 24 miles long and there is a trail, so we are taking our bikes. 

We will be checking out your recommendations.  Hope to see you out there!

Thanks

Hawkpod
2013 Surveyor Sport 189
2017 Chevy Silverado
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 8:02am
PS: Weston Bend state park is nice too, and I have been to the pub in Weston, neat little town and only about 25 minutes from here.
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 8:00am
Hawkeye, I haven't had the R-pod long enough to use it. Bought it and put it directly into storage last December. I have camped the City area often (tent up to now) and like Smithville Lake (Clay County Parks and Rec, (north of KC) and Flemming Park/Lake Jacomo (east of the city). I live fairly close to Worlds of Fun, nice looking RV park, north, near Liberty, MO.

I am really looking forward to getting the 177 out soon and using it. Long trip in July planned (Colorado) and several long weekends before that to get acquainted with it. Probably a trip down to the KATY Trail with the bikes also. I usually go to the Roachport area there. I also love the state parks in SE Missouri, but they are 3-5 hours from here.

Some friends have recommended Pony Express RV Park (Maysville, MO), between Cameron and St. Joseph, MO as a nice place to spend a weekend. Website looks nice.

With a name like Hawkeye, you must have an Iowa connection. I grew up in Boone, and went to both Iowa State and the University of Iowa.
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:10am
Thanks, Goose!
Hawkpod
2013 Surveyor Sport 189
2017 Chevy Silverado
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>