R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Sharing a weird elec.issue: turn signal reversed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Sharing a weird elec.issue: turn signal reversed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote renhui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sharing a weird elec.issue: turn signal reversed
    Posted: 14 May 2024 at 3:11pm
Just want to share a recent episode on electrical issue. 

I was getting ready for the upcoming camping trip, and hooked up the Rpod to my TV. 

Checking the lights and a very weird thing happened, left signal would turn on the right signal light, and vice verse.  Also there is no 12v coming into the RV. 

Checked all the fuses on the Rpod, didn't find anything wrong. 

Ended up cleaning off the contacts of the 7-pin plug, and turn signal lights now work as expected. 

For the 12v, it turned out that the main fuse on the TV is blown (not sure if it's related to the turn signal issue), replaced the fuse and everything back to normal. 

On a related note, last year, after hooking up the battery, I noticed the night lights are on without TV hooked up, and it turned out water get into the 7-pin plug and blew a fuse in the Rpod. 

Hope this could help some Rpodders with similar electrical issues. 
2016 Rpod 178 HRE
2018 Honda Pilot AWD
 Post Reply Post Reply