R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Mess up and reverse battery connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Schink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mess up and reverse battery connection
    Posted: 07 Jun 2024 at 4:05pm
I messed up and connected the battery wrong.  I now only have 12v power when plugged in.
The converter was replaced but still no 12v power.  I'm looking at the shortstop breakers under the pod and thinking I need to replace them as they don't a reset button.  I'm I missing anything else to check?
I have 2018 178.
Schink
Schink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Schink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2024 at 4:58pm
Finally figured it out. After changing all the shortstop breakers, 4 total, and still not getting 12v power unless plugged in, I decided to change all the 12v fuses, even though they appeared OK. Once I switched the 30a fuse (slide-out) everything turned one! But if I remove this fuse everything shut down Not sure what's going on, but so far so good.
Schink
Schink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Schink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2024 at 4:58pm
Finally figured it out. After changing all the shortstop breakers, 4 total, and still not getting 12v power unless plugged in, I decided to change all the 12v fuses, even though they appeared OK. Once I switched the 30a fuse (slide-out) everything turned one! But if I remove this fuse everything shut down
Schink
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2024 at 10:40pm
It was likely the reverse polarity protection fuses that were blown. I'm surprised if the 30A fuse for the slide-out was the issue. There should be two 40A fuses in the center of the power panel, between the 120V breakers and the 12V fuses. This is based on the WFCO power panel that was in our former RP-179 and in our current GW.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply