R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Weird water problem need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LongRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird water problem need help
    Posted: 10 Jul 2024 at 8:53am
We’re out camping. We have full hookups. After setting up I noticed that when flushing the toilet we only have a slight trickle of water. All faucets in the bathroom and kitchen are working just fine.

This morning we woke up to find water leaking out of the fresh water tank fill neck. But I’m connected to city water. Somehow my fresh water tank filled up and was over full.

Is this related to the toilet? I’m wondering if there is a blockage somewhere and it’s backing up into the fresh water tank. Last time we went out everything was fine.

Am I missing something obvious here?

2018 RP190
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2024 at 12:12pm
The second problem you are having is that there is a check valve on the water pump and if that gets hung up it will allow water to enter the fresh water tank while you are connected to city water.  The easiest way to get the check valve working again is to 1) shut off the water from the city water, 2) pull water via your water pump out of the fresh water tank (pump 1 to 4 gallons per session).  Then go back on city water.  Repeat several times. The check valve should start working.  As to the water going to the toilet, there may be an obstruction in the feed line to your toilet. You can disconnect the water feed line at the toilet and allow the water line to flush itself out for a short period.  The water running out of the water line should just go down the shower drain to the gray water tank.  Hope this helps.    
Jay

179/2019
LongRanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LongRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2024 at 8:31pm
Thanks. Running through your solution for issue #2 now. So far so good. The toilet issue will need to wait till I get home.
LongRanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LongRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2024 at 12:17pm
So far so good. It went all night here at the campground without flowing into the fresh water tank. I bet that was it. Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply