R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

replacement tent poles for R-Dome - Event Date: 13 Aug 2024

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 2 P's in a Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: replacement tent poles for R-Dome
    Posted: 13 Aug 2024 at 1:36pm
Looking for source of replacement poles that support the R-Dome front entryway. I have some bent poles and can't find replacements of the correct size, the poles are made up of 10 sections that combined are 
22' 4". Each pole section is 28 1/4" long and 7/16'' wide. Tried Dometic but they claim don't make them anymore, tried a number of places on the internet but they don't carry the correct size. Not sure who makes them for Dometic but not having any luck finding replacements. I can still use what I have but looking for replacement for the time it breaks. Looking for 4 of them or ?

Thanks
Steve

Podder since 2011
Steve:2018 R-Pod 179
2008 Toyota Highlander TV
Previous 2010 R-pod 171
2 P's in a Pod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 2 P's in a Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2024 at 8:23pm
Found a source for the poles that fit very well. Received the parts today and replaced the bent one. The replacement pole is 28" when the one I needed was 28 1/4". I could deal with the difference, when I received the new pole and measured it the part of the pole that slides into the next one is actually 2" versus 1 5/8" the original pole had, again, I can deal with the difference or install another new pole on the other side to balance it out. All in all I was very happy with their customer service, answered any questions I had. The pole I needed was in there .433 diameter line, these can be cut to any size. The largest pole size was their 28" pole w/insert which worked for me. If anyone needs replacement poles give them a try. www.questoutfitters.com     Steve
Steve:2018 R-Pod 179
2008 Toyota Highlander TV
Previous 2010 R-pod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply