R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedT series owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: T series owners
    Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 1:07pm
just thought id start a thread for those of us with the hybrid and any particular concerns with this model.

i just opened mine up yesterday and noticed the exterior locks are a little fiddly and turn even when locked.    looks like a series of nuts internally that may need to be tightened, but am worried about wear if they continue to turn on their own.

otherwise the first pop out want pretty smoothly and the pod sure feels more spacious with it open.  going to keep it as a spare room for now...with a "cage" for my 2 year old (peapod in the rpod). http://www.amazon.com/KidCo-PeaPod-Portable-Self-2dInflating-Travel/dp/B001HY40P4    that will take up about half the space leaving the other half as extra space.

how is climate control for you guys who expand?
172T
marshwatcher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 7:30pm
Picking up our 176T on Monday so can't answer your question as yet. I will tell you that popping open the back really does seem to make the TPOD roomy. We loved it in the showroom. The tent made the choice easier for us.

Here in Florida we will need to deal with more warm days than cool ones. The TPOD seems to help address that with the option of sleeping in the tent. We get many nice gulf and ocean breezes (depending on which coast you are following) and we look forward to being able to take in those breezes with the tent area open.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 8:49pm

Something to consider, from the popup world.  When it is really hot, or really cold, you can add a radiant barrier over roof of the tenting.  Plus you can add it inside the windows, zipped up between the screen and the window tenting.  These things made a world of difference in our popup and we even used the stuff in the windows all the time because it made it darker in the morning.

Over the roof you can use a commercial product designed for popups, I can't remember the name of it right now.  You can also use Cabella's Sportsmen Blankets (link below), then go to Home Depot and get a half-dozen large spring clamps (they look like really big clothesline clips) to hold it to the top.  For the stuff in the windows look online for "radiant barrier".  Reflectix is one brand name.  Either get the stuff that looks like bubble wrap, or the stuff with nylon threads in it.  The bubble wrap stuff may be easier to work with since you have to take it out each time.  Just cut it to fit inside the window.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sportsmans-Space-Blankets/713345.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Demergency%2Bblanket%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=emergency+blanket&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
profmagickb View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:27pm
I have a 2011 176T, It is awesome..... I don't sleep in the tent part though, we have a 4" memory foam on top of the dinette queen bed, then just use the tent for our "stuff".I don't often use the dinnette, but if I would, I fold the memory foam and put it in the tent part as well. 

The handles on mine are fonky too.  I had to reposition them and tighten them down, and every time I close them I have to ensure that it latches.

I wish the spare tire was not were it is, It adds a lot of unnecessary extra weight.

If you don't pop the tent out, the poles off the back are good for making a clothes line, and even with it popped out it works, just have to duck.

Still not sure where the curved pole goes and the where the straight pole goes (side to side poles), anyone know for sure?  I tend to put the curved pole in the velcro part.

I find in cold weather, I can have the tent part warm enough, Don't know about in the heat though....

I can't even begin to describe it.... you would just have to see for yourself....
profmagickb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:31pm
That peapod is super cool, I will get me one when that next baby comes along.
I can't even begin to describe it.... you would just have to see for yourself....
marshwatcher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:00am
Has anyone changed the locks on the rear of the T? They seem to be the generic locks that everyone has a key to rather than a unique lock. We are concerned about the safety of the Pod unless we change them. Any ideas are much appreciated.
Pawpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 1:22pm
I will be looking at changing ours when we take possession of our RPod in May
Ready to pod around!
iamsmonk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 8:56pm
Just my 2 cents worth:  If someone wants inside our campers, locks aren't going to stop them!
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Jay & Tanner
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177

Let's go camping!
jjbescher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 8:25am
Originally posted by profmagickb

Still not sure where the curved pole goes and the where the straight pole goes (side to side poles), anyone know for sure?  I tend to put the curved pole in the velcro part.

I have found that the straight pole works best in the mostly velcro part and the curved pole in the front one.

'10 R-pod 173T. TV - '03 Honda Pilot
jjbescher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011 at 8:26am
Originally posted by iamsmonk

Just my 2 cents worth:  If someone wants inside our campers, locks aren't going to stop them!

Especially if the tent end is down when at the campground.

jon
'10 R-pod 173T. TV - '03 Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>