Topic ClosedEeny, meeny, miny, moe...173, 174, 175 etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pawpod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...173, 174, 175 etc
    Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:06pm
Actually just under with all the options except the RPod cover. 2475 comes to mind as it was lighter than our popup!
Ready to pod around!
Folornhope View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 2:16pm
While I realize that the 177 wasn't on your list...you may want to look at it as well...in this model the kitchen slides out for more room (opens about as much as the 175) and gives you a small dining area where the kitchen in the 175 would be.   That area turns into a bed as well.

The 177 weighs in at 2500 lbs if memory serves me.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by MissPolly

Ouch David that is exactly what I needed to know. How big is Dixie? Atlas is a very long 160 lb brute. He is NOT supposed to get on the furniture...but the goal is not always achieved!
Sorry for the short reply earlier.  I was at work and needed do go do some actual workDead.
While everyone is different, I would think that you and your child would be fine.  Add in that large of a dog and things may not work really well.  Dixie is a full grown Shepherd - 3 years old.  Turning around was tight for her.  Both of us moving at the same time was a problem.  She, also, is not allowed on furniture so it was floor space only.

Here is my former set up:

Just in case you are interested.  You can kind of tell her size compared to the truck.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 1:00pm
Dixie is about 65-70lbs.
MissPolly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 12:48pm
Ouch David that is exactly what I needed to know. How big is Dixie? Atlas is a very long 160 lb brute. He is NOT supposed to get on the furniture...but the goal is not always achieved!
Faux Pod owner, mother to Strike 7 mths old future left handed relief pitcher, and Atlas 3 yr old Neo Mastiff
Flagstaff Micro Lite XLT 18RK
2008 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 12:42pm
Miss Polly - I used to own a RP173. 
Room infront of the couch = less than one foot if memory serves, less still when lowered (it is a "jack knife" couch that turns into a bed.  There is storage space underneath.

It is just me and my dog and we found things a little cramped.  Had I kept the Pod, I would have probably removed the couch to give Dixie more room (though I found it more comfortable to sleep on than the dinette, personally).

I went with the 173 because (at the time) it was the lightest of the 17X series and the actual "sticker" weight was about 2350lbs.  My 2008 GMC Canyon was rated to tow 3200lbs. and it struggled quite a bit at highway speeds.  While I did make it to the Rockys and back, it wasn't a very relaxing drive.  Weight may be something to consider (there's not much you can do about the wind resistance).  I like the tent models, but don't know the specs on them.

MissPolly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 11:47am
Terry,

Way too bad I am not closer! Do you find the lift kit on the rpod is helpful?

(I think it needs bigger tires...but that may be just my rock crawling silliness)
Polly
Faux Pod owner, mother to Strike 7 mths old future left handed relief pitcher, and Atlas 3 yr old Neo Mastiff
2008 Jeep Wrangler 4door
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 11:42am
Too bad you are not closer.  I use my R-Pod when I go off roading in my Liberty.  The slideout makes a lot of difference in the floor space.  I have never seen any of the "T" models so I can't speak about them.  For me the 175 fit the bill just right.

Terry 
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
MissPolly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:52am
Thank you for the suggestion, I did not think about putting Atlas in the tent area. I will ponder that possible solution.

Polly
2008 Jeep Wrangler 4door
marshwatcher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:49am
Miss Polly,

Have you looked at any of the tent models? We just got the 176T and when it the tent is opened you have a good deal of space all through the Pod. The kitchen slides out in this model and when out, floor space is maximized. The bunks in the front might be just right for your little one (lower bunk or upper with a good guard rail. Also, the dog could actually be in the tent area during the day--platform holds up to 1000 pounds.

I am not a dealer just love the 176T. I actually saw a used tent model for sale on line recently (we bought a new one). Here is the link:

http://www.rpodnation.com/2011-rpod-176t-for-sale-with-rdome-1500000_topic2261.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>