R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedyes! another question!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: yes! another question!
    Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Goose

When we are hooked to electric  for more that one night, I just turn the electic switch to the on position outside and then use the breaker on the inside to start the hot water tank and turn it off when we are finished with the hot water. We do not leave the hot water tank on if we are not using it all the time. I always leave the breaker in the off position so I never start the tank empty.
     Goose

now you have gone and confused me....you mean the actual breaker switch inside the breaker box and NOT the propane switch, correct?

are the breakers labelled?
172T
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 9:53pm
No reason to do that, the thermal switch in the tank will keep the electric element off most of the day anyway.  I used to keep the propane burner off on our popup when we weren't showering to save propane.  The switch was outside like the electric element switch on the 'pod, always a pain.  One day I forgot to turn it off and we spent the day near the camper - and I almost never heard it kick on.  Those tanks are well insulated.  I left it on after that...
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12