Topic ClosedLooking to buy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to buy
    Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 6:00am
My family and I are looking at buying a 171 but are a little confused about the pricing.  I got a quote from RV nation for 11,800 + 900 shipping if we don't pick it up.  Our local dealer was at 15 + without extras like ac and microwave.  I guess my question is those that have bought from Jeff Couch, what was the experience like, would you do it again ... ? Also if you did buy from him, have you had to take your r-pod to a local dealer for any service or warranty work and what was that like ?  I'm going to go back to our local dealer today and see how much better he can do on the price.
 So excited to get a  pod. 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 3:07pm
Welcome!  Trust me, your local dealer can match it.  My dealer came within a few hundred bucks, still fully loaded.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
harleyguy1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 6:18pm
Techntrek is correct, if Jeff Couch can sell it for that price, so can you local dealer sell it for that price within a couple of hundred dollars.  It would be worth a couple of hundred to buy locally and build a relationship with you local dealer.  I have seen other dealers selling them within a couple of hundred dollars close to Couch, so that tells me your local dealer may be trying to take advantage of you(trying to be nice here).
Marshal
2011 R-177
Longview, Tx
jayber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 6:51pm
Well  our local dealer was still 1400 more with his best"your killing me, my kids won't be able eat" speech.  I think I'll be on the phone tomorrow to order from RV nation.  The few local dealer perks just didn't justify the price  difference. I really wanted to support my local economy but not for $1400
harleyguy1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 7:00pm
Yes I agree with you on you purchase price.  The truth is all of these campers are rather generic, and any RV dealer can perform the repairs you need, especially if you are dealing with Forest River products.
Marshal
2011 R-177
Longview, Tx
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 8:08pm
 We live in SW Fl and traveled to ohio for our RPod. We were able to have it serviced under warranty at Camping World. At the time there was not a local dealer but now there is. Couch's may buy many trailers at a time and get a lower price from the factory.     David and Danette
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Iteach5th View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 8:50pm
I bought mine from your local dealer.. Picking it up in a week. I figured the difference in price was well worth the convenience of staying local if problems came up. He held mine all winter for me and I'm looking forward to a good long term relationship.

Just my 2 cents from a one time local businessman who supprted his community.
"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right"- Henry Ford

2011 RP-177
2009 Jeep Cherokee
1982 Coleman Redwood pup
tdrace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 10:57pm
I drove from Hilton Head Sc to Couch's to buy mine. Such a Great dealBig smile Everything came with it. I have mine serviced at Camping world No problems! Big smile
tdrace's
2018 180
2010 FORD F150 V-8
equalizer e-2 hitch
Sisters on the Fly #1569
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 12:41am
Direct from the Forest River Website:

Forest River Encourages You to Buy Locally

Forest River, Inc. strongly encourages our retail customers to purchase from their local dealership whenever possible due to the following factors:
  • Our Dealers are as a rule, independently owned and operated businesses. Outside of those customers they personally sold products to, they are not contractually obligated to perform warranty service on Forest River products that were purchased elsewhere. There may be an occasion that you would be required to return to the point of purchase to satisfy warranty requirements.
  • Although many dealerships will eventually service products not purchased at their place of business, they will usually take care of their customers and other Forest River customers who are traveling away from their local dealer as they would their own.
  • Local purchases allow a customer to establish a relationship with a dealer close to home. This relationship provides the customer with a convenient location for service and support from a "home town" professional.
  • The opportunity for a thorough PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) and product orientation is an additional benefit of buying from your local dealer. Further providing the opportunity for refresher courses or the ability to get questions answered much more conveniently.
  • For our Canadian customers, there are also requirements which must be met to bring an RV purchased out of the country to their home. Although not insurmountable, these requirements may involve such things as additional inspections and certifications, taxes and fees. Your local Canadian Dealer is a professional at meeting these requirements.

Forest River's goal is for all RV Owners to fully enjoy their RV experience. In light of this goal, and considering the advantages of buying local, we encourage you to be thorough when determining what product to purchase and which dealer to purchase it from as both are key to your ultimate satisfaction and the realization of your dreams.

rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 12:44am
I had looked on line when I went to purchase my 2009 R-pod 171 and came up with all kinds of pricing.  I took the best pricing I had and went to my local dealer who I had bought 2 other campers from.  After about an hour I came to about $100 of the best price.

The Dealer was :

Stoltzfus RV's Inc.
Address Rt 272
Visit Dealer Website for Directions
 P.O. 564
  Adamstown, PA 19501
Phone 717-484-4344
800-752-2988
Fax 717-484-0270
E-Mail SALES@STOLTZFUSRVS.COM
Web Site www.stoltzfusrv.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>