Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Owner of 177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Owner of 177
    Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 9:54pm
The new dome is not an E-Z-up but it is quite easy.  The track on the new 177 we have is large enough that the dome threads easily into it, but there are still a few screws that you may have to screw in a bit more to keep it from catching on them.  I also widened the opening ends just a bit with a large screwdriver just to help a bit more.  I keep a can of silicone spray in the basement and use it occasionaly.  I love our dome.
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Jay & Tanner
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177

Let's go camping!
Pawpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 10:51pm
Goose it's in your court.. Still waiting to get our RPod, so I can't answer you teach.
Ready to pod around!
LunaPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 11:57pm
Welcome, hope you enjoy your Pod, we are waiting for good weather to try ours
Mike & Barb, R Pod 173 - TV 2011Silverado
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:52am
Congrats and happy Podding!
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
yertle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 11:30am
Hi...we are taking our new 177 Pod out for the first time tomorrow.  Yikes!  We have never owned an RV (or anything else for camping)...so we are totally excited.  So do people use that hanging thing in the bathroom?  But if you fill it up with "stuff", then isn't it too heavy to keep moving out when you need the room for other uses?  Also, any advice about recovering the cushions.....I want to make new covers that are more sturdy and easy to clean....Thanks....< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Yertle
cane2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 1:27pm
You will love your 177 as we love ours. Hope my health holds so we can use ours this summer, have three trips planned so far with reservations. Enjoy.
turncoat3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 3:24pm
SmileWelcome to Poddn world.  this is our second year for our 177 and we just think it is great.
We have been out on two trips so far this spring.  first one was 600 miles to central NC and the second was 400 to Wilmington, NC and the beaches.  It is a great unit for two empty nesters like us.  Best of luck

Ben & Lorrie
2013 Surveyor 264
marshwatcher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 5:36pm
Yertle,

I so agree that the bathroom storage just isn't practical. We have found other places in our 176T that work fine. I suspect you will too. One thought about the cushions....we decided to Scotchguard them and see how long they hold up before recovering. Hope you enjoy your POD!
TravelingTeacher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 1:01am
Well, I tell you what I'm going to TRY with that bathroom hanging thingy . . . .

Today at Big Lots I bought 2 over the door hooks that will extend out quite far.  (I hope it will be far enough, but I won't know until I pick up my new 177 a week from now).  I am going to try to lift out that short rod the thingy is hanging on, and hang that plastic rod on the two over-the-door hooks -one at each end of the rod.  So I'm HOPING I will end up with an over-the-door hanging PANTRY where I can put things that aren't TOO heavy (paper plates, cups, and paper towels, trash bags, packaged food such as bread or buns, potato chips, etc., etc. -- but not canned food) 

I'm sure the guys in this forum would be able to rig up some over-the door hooks that extend out far enough and can accommodate the diameter of that rod on their pods.  For me I'm just trying to rig something with what I have on hand.

And by the way -- I'm envious about the N.C. trip.  I grew up near Wilmington but live in north Georgia now.  I haven't been home to NC in a couple of years.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, and all the storage ideas everyone!  Smile
Traveling Teacher w. R-Pod 177

"To teach is to learn twice." - Joseph Joubert

"Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right." - Henry Ford
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 6:45am
  I just got home so I am a little fuzzy here Pawpod. I might be able to tell you on Sunday if you can wait that long. We plan to bring our POD home from the undergroung storage this afternoon. I  would like to see if the bar from the shower will work over the end of the bed AND still be able to replace it in the bath if needed. Personally I would not take anything that requires a hanger but Mama sez's we have to.     Goose  Big smile
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>