Topic Closedcrockpot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: crockpot
    Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 12:40am
can anyone recomend a good crockpot?ive never owned one.went to walmart and looked but there are many to choose from and i would like to get a good one.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 8:01am
Jim,

I have a Rival crockpot that I've used for several years and still works well.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:25am
We use an old brand-name Crock Pot on camping trips (if it gets broken or stolen, no big deal), but at home we've moved on to a non-crock slow cooker.  Got it at Wal-Mart last year, just found it on their web site.

It has a rubber gasket and locking lid, I took a huge batch of soup to work a few weeks ago and didn't spill a drop.  You can program different levels power at different times (like high for 4 hours, then medium for 1 then low until you get home).  It is very light compared to the actual crock pots.  And fairly cheap.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Bigbit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:28am
We like this one: http://www.crock-pot.com/Product.aspx?cid=113&pid=7474

You can seal and lock down the lid and as such can prepare your food before you camp, take it with you, and re-heat it (if you have 120V) at the campsite.  Also, the crockpot is 3 piece - the stoneware container, the outer heating shell, and the cover.  You can remove the stoneware pot and use it as a serving dish, plus the dish and cover are sink and dishwasher safe.  The heating shell is the only part not immersible, but it stays fairly clean and can be wiped off with a sponge.

We really enjoy ours.
jim park View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by techntrek

We use an old brand-name Crock Pot on camping trips (if it gets broken or stolen, no big deal), but at home we've moved on to a non-crock slow cooker.  Got it at Wal-Mart last year, just found it on their web site.

It has a rubber gasket and locking lid, I took a huge batch of soup to work a few weeks ago and didn't spill a drop.  You can program different levels power at different times (like high for 4 hours, then medium for 1 then low until you get home).  It is very light compared to the actual crock pots.  And fairly cheap.
techntrek,i just picked up a GE,THANKS FOR THE TIP.I READ ALOT OF REVIEWS AND IT LOOKS AS THOUGH SOME PEAPLE HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE NONSTICK PEELING OFF.that would not bother me as im gonna use the liners  did yours peel?

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 9:34pm

Nope, no problem with ours.  The exterior is easily bent so be careful what you store around it, but I guess that is the price you pay to get something so light (and cheap).

BTW, I moved the closing quote tag in your post above, your response was hidden inside.  Hope you don't mind.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 12:22pm
Jim Park,
  Here is a link to a great crock Pot recipe site. I've been practising with my new pot since Christmas.

Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
jim park View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Snowbound

Jim Park,
  Here is a link to a great crock Pot recipe site. I've been practising with my new pot since Christmas.

great site,thanks.im going to try the hot and spicy sloppy joes tommorow
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:29pm
The lasagna with oven-ready lasagna noodles is really good and so is the roast with onion soup and mushroom soup.
Bette
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
 Post Reply Post Reply