Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew 177, here we go !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Snowbound View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 177, here we go !
    Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:59pm
Farmers, that was lucky (I guess).  You sound as anxious as we are to get our Pod.
Our camping season is as long as we want but personally I am not into winter camping. One of my sons has done quite a bit of it though.
 Typically, camping season starts 24th of May weekend. (Queen Victoria's birthday) and runs to mid-September.  Naturally the campgrounds are busier during summer holidays so lots of empty nesters like us prefer the shoulder seasons -fewer bugs too. Spring is very quick in Alberta. One day it is snowing and we are all in parkas;  the next we are without coats and boots and wearing shorts. Today we have just a few snowdrifts left in the yard but we could be out with just a warm sweater or hoodie if we weren't all glued to the tube watching the wedding!Big smile.
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
Farmers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:44pm
The pod gods are with us! Turns out the oil sending unit broke off and was squirting oil out the hole.  Much easier and less expensive repair. There's a chance I may be able to pick up the pod tomorrow, if not, then Monday.

Perfect name snowbound. I think I have name envy. I wonder if you could retrofit "The Gastropod" with skis and pull it with a snowmobile? Big smile How long is your camping season up there?

Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:11pm
Thanks Farmers! Glad you like our name The Gastropod. We choose it becaue we will have our house with us and we will be the slowest thing on the road!
I agree with you that everyone is so friendly and I hope to meet some of these folk in person in future.
I am axiously waiting to pick up our pod tomorrow and have a pile of stuff to pack into the van tonight. We are going to a campground for the night direct from the dealer. We can install a few things, then bring her home Sunday knowing what else we will need. Tom doesn't want to carry water as it may still go below freezing tomorrow night. How low will the water system go before freezing?
Bette

Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
marshwatcher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by David

I agree....beautiful view/picture.  Did I hear you mention that we are all invited to come camp with you there? LOLLOLLOL

LOL, David

Love your sense of humor!
marshwatcher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 2:44pm
Sounds like a one of those lucky coincidences that the truck failed BEFORE you really needed it and not while your precious POD was in tow. BTW, may I add my WOW...to your VT. view. Only made it up to that part of the country one time and really appreciated its beauty. Looks like we better hook up the POD and find a place to camp up there.

Thanks for sharing that tranquil picture with all of us. Hope the delay in getting your POD home is not too disappointing.

We call our 176T Just Poddin' Along.

Farmers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 2:05pm
Disaster! Well, not really a disaster. It may be a blessing.

Got in the truck this morning to move it and discovered a puddle of oil under it. Looks like it may be the rear main seal. Leaking pretty good. decided not to risk towing with it, though I may have been able to get away with a short trip.
Still went to the dealer for the walk through. I pretty much knew everthing I needed to know already, thanks to this forum. But it neaver hurts, especially having never owned a camper.
We live about 10 miles from the dealer, so they are going to tow it to our house next Tuesday, no charge. I have a tractor to move it around at home.
I took the truck to a garage that will look at it tomorrow. I'm pretty handy, and if I had to, I could deal with it myself, but I really hate working on auto's.

Just lucky I'm not sitting on the side of the highway somewhere!
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 8:07am
Thanks for the pic.  It really does look to be a great location.  
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
Farmers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:02am
Maybe we should open a campground just for pods (not that there aren't plenty of other nice campers out there.) You'll be the first to know David!
Farmers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 5:57am
Thanks everyone, we really love it up there. Quiet quiet quiet.
The farmer next door keeps the field cut for us.

Countdown; 3 hours and 30 min. to the walk through with the dealer!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 5:55am
I agree....beautiful view/picture.  Did I hear you mention that we are all invited to come camp with you there? LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>