R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTaking a serious look tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking a serious look tomorrow
    Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:17pm
The key to the shower is to stand very still.  I take everything I need for the shower and put it by the toilet.  I turn off the water as I grab for what I need and keep moving as quickly as possible.

Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Chuck View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:47pm
Well, we picked up the 177 earlier today and made it home in one piece. Unfortunately the brake controller that I installed didn't do any braking even though all of the lights indicated that everything was functioning. I think that it is just an old and not functioning controller. No problems braking but I will replace it before we take off on our first trip next weekend. I was not happy with the performance of my TV. At 65 it stayed at 4K RPM and the mileage dropped from 22mpg hwy normally to 8.5. I knew that I would drop dramatically but that just didn't seem right. The 4K RPM did not feel right at all. Otherwise everything went well. Even the stop by Walmart to spend our few remaining dollars on stuff. We are so excited I can't tell you.    
Z-pod
Chuck Janet & Bogie the dog
'12 RP 177
1972 Shasta 1400
2005 Ford F-150 5.3L V8
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:08pm
Many here recommend the Tekonsha Prodigy line of brake controllers, including myself.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 11:20pm
Congrats, Chuck!  4K RPM does seem a bit high, and a Pilot should handle it just fine.  By some chance do you have overdrive?  If you do and it's on, you may want to turn that off.

As far as the break controller goes, mine was getting too aggressive, so before I put it back into storage, I played with it in the storage yard open area until I found a setting that I liked better.  I don't know about yours, but mine has a dial that allows me to dial up or dial down the amount of braking that I want.

Happy Podding!

Tim
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Chuck View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 6:26pm
Actually the Pilot has a D3 setting and I was using it. I wonder if there could be a problem with my shift points. I think I may try to get into the dealer this week.
Z-pod
Chuck Janet & Bogie the dog
'12 RP 177
1972 Shasta 1400
2005 Ford F-150 5.3L V8
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:51pm
We selected the 176 because the dealer gave us a significant discount and we have grandsons who will enjoy the bunks. I am 6' but always sleep curled up so the bed is just fine. We also liked the entertainment center. If you are going to have a TV in your camper, and I am still not sure that is a good idea, then I need one large enough to see. I agree with others about the storage, we had a Coleman pop up that didn't have as much space as the Rpod has. Clark
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345