R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMod Squad (pod storage)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mod Squad (pod storage)
    Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:27pm
Thanks for the link to David's post Hodge-PODge. Enjoyed it.

Yes, the Appalachians are older, and maybe wiser. I like different mountains for different reasons.
Best thing to do is get up close to them and learn. We hope to introduce our pod to many types.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:46pm
I love the hooks holding the shower hose in place, that thing gets on my nerves too.  I keep meaning to make a PVC hose holder, right now I'm using a large tool box.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Brin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:59pm
I love your Mods, Hodge-Podge.  I too am not mechanically inclined, however I am lucky because my better half is good at them.   He does those for me---I tell him what I want and he makes it happen along with his own  ideas of improving the Pod mechanically.    I tend toward making the Pod more comfortable and that works for both of us too.  I love seeing mods like yours as it tends to give me ideas that I can relate to. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
2009 - 175 RPod
2000 Ford F250 XLT Extended Cab Diesel
Brin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:00pm
I grew up near the AT and I agree that the mountains on the east are great too.  One day, I will make it west to the Rockies and I am sure that it will be amazing.  I am just not sure that I will be able to walk up one in one day.   Tongue
2009 - 175 RPod
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Farmers

Ah ha! Your 177 must be a later model than ours? You have a nice railing above the micro. We just have some slightly raised trim, but we were planning mods today and decided to put something up there that would function like your setup. You also have a sink in the loo.
Really like everything you did! Great tip on rolling basket source. I especially like the cup chimes.Big smile

There did seem to be some confusion about the 2011 models.  I understand some had sinks and some didn't (does anyone else know)?  I thought the sink was sort of small and ridiculous but now it's grown on me, and I actually like having it.  My husband is from England, and believe me, I've washed my hands over there in sinks about this same size -- and I'm not kidding.
Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Brin

I grew up near the AT and I agree that the mountains on the east are great too.  One day, I will make it west to the Rockies and I am sure that it will be amazing.  I am just not sure that I will be able to walk up one in one day.   Tongue

Brin, you know the Appalachian Trail starts (or ends) down here in my part of Georgia?

"From its start 8 miles north of popular Amicalola Falls
on Springer Mountain [Georgia], the Appalachian Trail winds north past mountains with names like Blood, Trey and Big Cedar. . . . . ." (URL: http://www.ngeorgia.com/ang/Amicalola_Falls_State_Park)  I've never hiked the AT, but I HAVE made the hike up to the top of the Amicalola Falls you see in this picture.  Not sure I could do it today though!  Cry 

And Farmers, you are right -- so you just keep right on exploring all kinds of mountains.  And there really are all kinds -- I've admired the Chugach and Alaska mountain ranges near Anchorage (I've been up to the Iditarod 3 times).  I've driven over the Brecon Beacons and the Preseli Hills in Wales many times, (I lived near the Welsh border for 3 years in the 1970s), also the Malvern Hills near Worcester and Hereford. 

The Preseli Hills in Wales
Some of the blue stone in Stonehenge comes from here although no one has yet figured out how they got those huge stones the 250 miles from Pembrokeshire in Wales all the way to Stonehenge.

Last but not least, on one occasion I even made a very brief visit across on the ferry from Wales to Ireland with my husband's cousin, where she and I drove up into the Wicklow Mountains.  The forested Wicklow Mtns. reminded me so much of the Appalachians that I was truly homesick -- until I got to the top anyway -- up there the landscape is barren, windblown, and covered in broom sage near where the locals dig peat for their fires.  However, all that is way too far for the R-Pod! Star

But that's okay -- I'm quite content to be near the Smokies.  And I really mean that.

Happy Travels to all!

Diane
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Farmers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 7:25am
Maybe we should re-name this thread the "Mod Squad"Tongue. I too have experienced British plumbing. It is very distinct!

Has anyone else noticed that there is about four inches of unused space behind the kitchen drawers? I known I'm kind of digging here, but four more inches in each drawer, is four more inches. All kinds of ways to modify the drawers, even make completely new ones, but maybe just screwing a box to the back of it for storing some of those small but rarely used items.
Maybe there's a reason for that space that I'm missing?
"The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark."
— John Muir
RP-177, towed by Dodge 2500 2wd
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Hodge-PODge

[/QUOTE]

David, those were beautiful pictures, and quite an adventure trek, too!  What beautiful mountains!  I was on an airplane and gawking out the window the first time I saw the Rockies.  In awe, I remarked, "Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen the Rockies.  I'm only used to the Appalachians, but these are so different."

The passenger next to me replied with just a tinge of contempt, "Well, those aren't really mountains, are they?"

I answered, "Well, I'll admit there is something majestic, grandeur-like, and even forbidding about the Rockies."  But our mountains [the Appalachians] are more like an old grandma that hugs you and invites you to "Come on in and sit a spell."

She looked at me like I was absolutely crazy.  She didn't consider that the Appalachians are just OLD and wearing down, and the Rockies are still new and are still pushing up.  I don't think she got what I was talking about, do you?  Ouch   BUT OF COURSE THEY ARE MOUNTAINS!

Uh-oh, I regress.  Anyway, I just wanted you to know I enjoyed reading your adventures, and the pictures really did make the story so much better.  Good job, there!

Diane
[/QUOTE]

I understand exactly what you are talking about (I think).  I like both - for kind of the reasons you indicate.  The Appalachians are kind of like "home".  The Rockys are truely breathtaking (all of the campgrounds in the park are above 8000' in elevation....the air starts getting a little thin).   So, "breathtaking" in more ways than one LOL.  I wouldn't call one better than the other; they're just different. 

Brin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 12:13pm
I have only done small section hiking on the AT in Virginia.   I have read several accounts of thru hikes from Georgia to Maine but I don't see that I will ever want to make it a career move.   I like to comfort of a bed at night, hence the acquisition of the pod.   One day I will get to see other sections of the AT.  
2009 - 175 RPod

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Farmers

Maybe we should re-name this thread the "Mod Squad"Tongue.

I think that is a GREAT IDEA! Smile
Diane
2011 Mercedes ML350

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>