R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDe Winterize on the 177

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: De Winterize on the 177
    Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:02pm
I guess I must be a slow learner. I read the posts but I have not been able to find the bypass valves that are mentioned. Is it behind the left plywood square on the slide out? With the slide in, I can peek behind the slide face and see the hot and cold water hoses but I don't see a hose that goes between them with a valve or valves in the hot and cold water lines so I must not be looking in the right spot. Any help, much appreciated.
vandallc
2011 177
2003 Lincoln Navigator
Pawpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:59pm
I'll be posting my walkthrough from our dealer by tomorrow. He talked about winterizing in part 5 or 6. The bypass on the 177 for the water heater is under the bed, lift the plywood, beside the furnace. The one under the sink is behind the lower left panel, find the loose hose and follow it to the valve. Hope this helps.
Ready to pod around!
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 4:35pm
Good luck lifting the mattress and the plywood to get to it (the bypass, I mean!) Ouch   *#!!!!#!**#! Darn thing!
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:22pm
The bypass valves are on the pipes leading into/out-of the water heater.  From the outside of the R-POD, you can see where your water heater is located - on the 177, its under the bed on the street side.

Often, under the mattress, there are several screws holding down the plywood access panel for the water heater.  Before you begin, raise the blinds in the back so that they're out of the way and remove all sheets/foam pads from the mattress.  Lift up the edge of mattress and sit down on the plywood underneath, holding the mattress up with your shoulders and back of your head while you work.  Unscrew the access panel over the water heater, move the plywood out of the way, and you'll see the three bypass valves.  For normal operation, turn the valves on the pipes leading into/out-of the water heater parallel to the pipes; the third (middle) valve, which is on a short piece of pipe running between the other two valves must be turned perpendicular to the pipe.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:12pm
Thanks Outbound.  I believe I can follow those simple directions.  I am already de-winterized so when it comes time to winterize, I just turn the valves opposite to what you described, right?
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Outbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:53am
Right!
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
vandallc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 9:47am
Sorry, for taking so long to acknowledge. I have been out of connectivity range for a while. I get it now. Under the matress duhh! Thanks
vandallc
2011 177
2003 Lincoln Navigator
 Post Reply Post Reply