R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnyone interested in a NE Roundup?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone interested in a NE Roundup?
    Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:20pm

A tough slog home for us, too.  What was a 9 hour drive up turned into 13 hours on the way back, although about a half-hour of the extra time was due to a detour into Rhode Island (now we can say we've been in every east coast state this summer).  The rest was traffic jams due to the rain, starting on I-84 west of Hartford, CT.  While some areas like NYC had record-breaking rainfall, amazingly we barely ran into much of it ourselves.

We had a great time, too, we really enjoyed the conversation and company.  On the way home   Amber echoed what I said to everyone, we had a better time than we did with family (at times).  Embarrassed    Before we left I walked around the loop again, probably around 8:10 and said goodbye to Chris and Walt, there was no sign of life from Greg & Tracy's site.  Sorry to miss you guys, at least I got to see your 152 from the outside.  You can give me the grand tour next time!  Hopefully the other couple will check in here so we can stay in touch.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at a future Roundup!

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 12:04am
We had a great time meeting everyone and want to thank podsible dream for hosting the potluck and techntrek for getting the ball rolling on the campground reservations.

"Before we left I walked around the loop again, probably around 8:10 and said goodbye to Chris and Walt, there was no sign of life from Greg & Tracy's site.  Sorry to miss you guys, at least I got to see your 152 from the outside.  You can give me the grand tour next time!"

Oh no! We must have just missed you! We were making tea and coffee and forgot to open the door :(  Thought you guys left much earlier when we realized it around 8:15.  Please knock next time as G & I are both obviously quite forgetful (in opening the door and looking awake) first thing in the morning before our caffeine EmbarrassedTongueEmbarrassed

Hopefully Daniel and Elise will drop by the forum and say HI.  It was quite a pleasant conincidence to have them there at the same time.  We might have to organize a Canadian Roundup as well ;)
ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 5:31pm
I thought about knocking but didn't in case you decided to sleep in a bit.  Even worse, we didn't pull out of our site until 8:40.  Cry  Oh well, we'll make sure there is a next time.

A trip to Canada is on our to-do list!  Amber wants to visit Niagara Falls, so maybe that can all get wrapped into one trip.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456