Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Z-Pod hits the road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Z-Pod hits the road
    Posted: 25 May 2011 at 2:03pm
That certainly sounds like it should work. I look forward to hearing how it all works.
Z-pod
Chuck Janet & Bogie the dog
'12 RP 177
1972 Shasta 1400
2005 Ford F-150 5.3L V8
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 2:11pm
Aformentioned clock, picture and pot holder all stayed up just fine. Anything that swings like our little broom we took down so it would not leave rub marks on the wall.
We have found that the latch on our over-the-sink kitchen cupboard is not really secure. I have found it open twice after moving. Tom promises to look at it...
I put some stuff on the bed behind the bathroom wall- just things like the kleenex box, a few magazines, the dog leash, a plastic box with a bag of chips inside, etc. and have found they don't move much. We take our stove top cover and put it on the floor as it could do some damage if it flew around. The broom lies there too.
Anything loose on the slide out kitchen counter goes in the sink or the food box on the floor.
Remember to pin your mini-blinds, preferably before you pull in the slide.
Most important, turn off propane at tank.
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
marshwatcher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 3:29pm
Chuck,
We planned a great deal and the first trip out went well. One thing I was really glad we did was take 10 gallons of fresh water from home in collapsible containers. The camp ground water would not have been to our liking even though we trusted it was clean and safe...it just tasted weird to us!

Hauling water is a habit I formed from horse showing because horses will sometimes balk at drinking strange tasting water. Something to learn from our four legged friends.

I am sure your will have a great time regardless of the the little missteps in planning or lack there of---those things really become the adventure of the trip.
jayber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:32pm
We are also going on our maiden voyage this weekend as well, I know I'll forget things, but its not like I'll be to far from any store so I'm not to worried, unless I forget to bring the kidsWink
Jay
2010 Honda Odyssey
RP 171 aka PodInn
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:56am
You're going to enjoy Z-Pod!  Don't worry about what you forget...we always forget something, so we end up planning the impromptu trip to Wal-Mart.  I figure that as long as I don't leave Louie or the two cats, all is good.  

Happy Podding!
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Gretchen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 9:08am
Thanks Diane for posting the picture.  Very helpful to see how you organized toiletries so well.  I think I'll get some of those hooks etc.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm just getting started. Thumbs Up  Gretchen in Tennessee
Gretchen in Tennessee; Excited new R-Pod 151 owner and quilter

He has set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecc 3:11b
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 10:42am
You're welcome, Gretchen.  And I'm happy to say that after several trips, I'm satisfied with the way the bathroom is organized.  I do take all the toiletries down and place them in a small basket when traveling just so they won't swing and bounce around.  But the mesh bag and all the containers have all stayed attached to the wall very well.  And I love that once I've set up camp, I don't have to fish toiletries, make-up, and brushes and combs out of a travel bag - everything I need is right there.

I hope you will love your pod. 

And you know, I'm only about 50 miles from the Tennessee border.  Whereabouts are you, if you don't mind telling?

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 8:53pm
Gretchen,
How many quilts have you made for your pod?  We have 3 already and only bought the pod this April.LOL
Tom and Bette
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
margobun View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 10:50am
I just saw your post about bringing 10 gallons of water with you. We always bring two gallons with us for drinking and stuff too, and we ended up at a campsite in Colorado this summer that had no water at all. We don't fill our tanks up till we either get to the campground, or if we know we won't get water, we do it at a gas station before coming in. Anyway, this campground had no water and we didn't check before we came. So we used our 2 gallons for drinking plus to put in the toilet and for washing hands and stuff, and believe it or not, it lasted us the night! We haven't done any winter camping yet, since we just got our pod in the spring, but we plan to do that for winter, when the danger is that the pipes will freeze.
Margo and Tom and dogs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12